Buy things from US PSN from UK?

There was a thread on GAF about the best minigames from RPGs and it's given me a massive nostalgia rush for an old game that brought back some brilliant memories from my childhood.

Off I toodle to PSN and its not available in the UK, but I think it is in the US.

I am after Suikoden, is there any way I can buy this on US PSN but play it on my UK account?

Or is it possible for someone in the US to buy it and somehow gift it to me?

As far as I know, you would need a US Playstation gift card or Visa/Mastercard etc.

I know its possible to get stuff as my friends do it using the above ways, but as for someone else gifting you something from one account to another I don't think is available yet. (or anytime soon for that matter)

I know it totally sucks - I wouldn't mind the Kick Ass game from US PSN but as usual: its not available on the EU/AU one

There was a thread on GAF about the best minigames from RPGs and it's given me a massive nostalgia rush for an old game that brought back some brilliant memories from my childhood.

Off I toodle to PSN and its not available in the UK, but I think it is in the US.

I am after Suikoden, is there any way I can buy this on US PSN but play it on my UK account?

Or is it possible for someone in the US to buy it and somehow gift it to me?

If you can configure your PS3 to use a VPN or proxy, you can make the purchase yourself (as long as you pay in USD; MasterCard and VISA in the UK, via their issuing banks, handle the currency conversion for you).

I see no reason why a PSN card would not work on any region? With that said I am not 100% sure, as although I do have a UK based account, I only used it for one or two demos that were specific to the UK over the years, but I can say for certain once it is downloaded to your PS3, you can play it.

The worse thing that would happen is you enter the code and it rejects it. Just find a random US address (I can supply you with one if needed) and create the account based off of it, and try redeeming the code.

if it works, you can just purchase a few other games over time.

I see no reason why a PSN card would not work on any region? With that said I am not 100% sure, as although I do have a UK based account, I only used it for one or two demos that were specific to the UK over the years, but I can say for certain once it is downloaded to your PS3, you can play it.

The worse thing that would happen is you enter the code and it rejects it. Just find a random US address (I can supply you with one if needed) and create the account based off of it, and try redeeming the code.

if it works, you can just purchase a few other games over time.

You're forgetting that SEN uses real currency amounts $/?/? unlike Live which uses a points based system. There is no way that you can load up a sterling amount card on to a dollar based store account.

I just confirmed it with a friend in the UK. She uses her fathers US-based Visa to get her US based PSN content. She also confirmed that indeed you can buy a US PSN gift card, download and install whatever you want and it will work on your EU login. However, the problem for you would lie in getting that US gift card. You would need to either buy one from a online store, and have it posted to you, or know someone in the US who is willing to buy one and send it to you (or simply give you the redeem code).

Trust would obviously play a big part here: I would personally recommend a trusted Neowinian (say... Larry for example) but that's just me :)

If you can configure your PS3 to use a VPN or proxy, you can make the purchase yourself (as long as you pay in USD; MasterCard and VISA in the UK, via their issuing banks, handle the currency conversion for you).

Also, check with your bank. As you might be charged an additional fee for international transfers. Natwest charge ?1.25 for transfers below ?70 IIRC.

Trust would obviously play a big part here: I would personally recommend a trusted Neowinian (say... Larry for example) but that's just me :)

Yeah I have no issue at all picking someone up a PSN card and sending them the redeem code if the paypal'd me the money or whatever the case may be. I can pick up a card at lunch as I work 2 minutes from a Gamestop, so that is not an issue at all.

I've always just used this site below (have used them at least 5 times, never once having any issues). You pay for it all in your local currency and they send you an image of the code that you purchase:

Buy any region PSN Card

First time you use them they'll call you to verify your information, but after that I get codes back about 2mins after ordering now. Since moving to Canada I don't exactly have easy access to US PSN cards except for when I go back to visit so I just use that site. They make their money off the activation fees which are generally a few bucks depending on the card amount.

• 1 year later...

Hi is this pcgamesupply a scam?

Just got this, after I successfully verified sms.

While we made every effort possible to approve your transaction we were unable to verify the details of this transaction and your order #501768126 has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please be aware you were only Pre-Authorized for this transaction, you were not charged for this transaction. The pre-authorization for this transaction has been voided.

I am using paypal, its a bit bizzare for a paypal payment to fail when funds there, I put it down to that site been useless.

any alternatives?

there support replied saying its a different department and I cant contact the department, useless.

so

1 - when I order paypal sends me email saying approved.

Dear X X,

You authorised a payment of 7.35 GBP to PCGAME INC.
Your funds will be transferred when the merchant processes your payment. Any money in your PayPal account at that time will be used before any other payment source.

Thanks for using PayPal. To see the full transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

2 - PCGAME details are correct although they only have one address line so I put my flat number and street name like this Flat X, XXX Road

3 - PCGAMe reject instantly with this very vague message that doesnt say whats wrong.

While we made every effort possible to approve your transaction we were unable to verify the details of this transaction and your order #501768173 has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please be aware you were only Pre-Authorized for this transaction, you were not charged for this transaction. The pre-authorization for this transaction has been voided.

You're forgetting that SEN uses real currency amounts $/?/? unlike Live which uses a points based system. There is no way that you can load up a sterling amount card on to a dollar based store account.

Live hasn't used points for a while now, just real currency.  You can buy gift cards though.

Yeah sorry.

I ordered from a guy on ebay now who has a 100% rating and in feedback people said they got code in email.

If it doesnt work out tho I will try play asia, but I am really after digital delivery, sending a card in the post seems silly.

also since I cant edit my previous post, according to paypal those payments were refunded (not completed), I wont know about the credit card payment until it shows on my statement.

Yeah sorry.

I ordered from a guy on ebay now who has a 100% rating and in feedback people said they got code in email.

If it doesnt work out tho I will try play asia, but I am really after digital delivery, sending a card in the post seems silly.

also since I cant edit my previous post, according to paypal those payments were refunded (not completed), I wont know about the credit card payment until it shows on my statement.

The link I provided is for a digital code. There is a separate buying option for physical delivery here.

My order is on hold at play asis for a security check LOL, these companies selling digital cards seem paranoid, dont have any of this on ebay or when buying physical games from retailers.

Meanwhile here is an update from the first vendor.  A useless reply really due to their paranoia.

Due to security reasons your order did not pass verification and was therefore cancelled.

Unfortunately we are unable to disclose the reasons behind the cancellation, as it can give people the opportunity to circumvent our system.

I would advise waiting 1 week and ensuring that all information displayed is true and nothing is being hidden or blocked.

Or Please try to order using Cash equivalent method of payment like pay safe card ,ukash and western union through Ultimate pay .

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,