I use Tomato USB anyway on my WRT610N. Faster, more stable, lighter and better interface/features.

If your router is supported, you should give it a try. You may never come back to DD-WRT :p

d353a49ba346c14c370bf6bb2a06a.jpg

Yeah, I used to be a big fan of DD-WRT, but I was having some issues so i decided to try out Tomato USB on my WRT-160N and have not looked back.

LOVE Tomato. I wish I could run it on my Apple Time Capsule. :(

Well... the Time Capsule firmware is somehow limited, but is very stable ;)

Tomato is the way to go, i was a big fan of DD-WRT for a couple of years however switched to Tomato in 2008 and never looked back.

It's running rock sold on my Asus RT-N16 and copes with my recently upgraded 100mbit internet with ease.

Got my router running IPV6 & Open VPN, plus updating a domain in-case my IP ever changes.

IPV6:

24xm8mg.png

Open VPN:

nn5t8n.png

I also quite like how you can check your bandwidth usage history:

novzic.png

It can even act as a print server / nas, although i have a server for tasks like that. It will probably handle and networking related task you wish to do at home with ease anyway (Y)

Yes, there are still new builds being made, but many of them have issues. The latest recommended build for Broadcom based routers listed in the forums is over a year old.

:angry: Just decided to give OpenWRT a try and bricked my WRT160NL

Time to dig out the old RS232 TTL again

Note to self: You like DD-WRT and DD-WRT likes you, DO NOT flash alternate firmware ever again.

--

That took far too long to remember the TFTP commands to unbrick

For future reference (when I brick it next time)

PuTTY > update code.bin > command prompt > tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put code.bin

Wonder if tomato supports my WRT350N

afaik Tomato supports the Broadcom chipset, version 1.0 of your router is Broadcom, v2.0 is Marvell according to this

DD-WRT is clunky. I tried both the latest and stable builds and it was shaving off 30Mbps from my maximum connection speed. Their team seems to be sitting back counting donations giving people false hope of their new router being supported. I even sent them a couple routers to them in Germany and here we are a year later and still no word back from them or support for the routers I sent.

I decided to give Tomato a go and never really looked back since.

Can't see it on their list, but if its anything like DD-WRTs list it might not have been updated

Are you running a custom firmware now ?

DD-WRT is supported

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com...19519/broadcom/

Instructions

http://www.dd-wrt.co...Linksys_WRT350N

Yea actually runnin the most recent build from 7/20 i wanted to try Tomato to see if it's better but i want to be sure its supported.

Yea actually runnin the most recent build from 7/20 i wanted to try Tomato to see if it's better but i want to be sure its supported.

Yea, I'd do a bit of research, maybe ask on their forums, its not fun de-bricking a router :p

I've always been a DD-WRT user and still want to be but the support for my E4200 and newer features (Broadcom in general) seems to be lacking lately. I still checked even now after seeing this thread to see what's been going on and still slow/nothing. I slapped Tomato USB Toastman build on there recently and that thing is flying with more features working than what was offered with DD-WRT. I definitely get faster WLAN to LAN speeds as i've copied files and done tests and it's a big difference, I'd see 12MB/s LAN to WLAN but now that's 30MB/s! WLAN to LAN was always in the 25MB/s range but now that's also 30MB/s :)

IPv6 stuff for those that care or have it (mainly Comcast in the USA) will know that it works too and works great i'm told. DD-WRT doesn't have IPv6 support really, definitely not DHCPv6-PD!

I've always been a DD-WRT user and still want to be but the support for my E4200 and newer features (Broadcom in general) seems to be lacking lately. I still checked even now after seeing this thread to see what's been going on and still slow/nothing. I slapped Tomato USB Toastman build on there recently and that thing is flying with more features working than what was offered with DD-WRT. I definitely get faster WLAN to LAN speeds as i've copied files and done tests and it's a big difference, I'd see 12MB/s LAN to WLAN but now that's 30MB/s! WLAN to LAN was always in the 25MB/s range but now that's also 30MB/s :)

IPv6 stuff for those that care or have it (mainly Comcast in the USA) will know that it works too and works great i'm told. DD-WRT doesn't have IPv6 support really, definitely not DHCPv6-PD!

Yea for them being at sp2 i would expect more features to be implemented. They support a wide range of routers but feature wise they need to be updating them and making them stable... seems like Tomato is similar in that department..not a lot of motivation to really push for updated better features.

Well i installed tomato for this Asus rt-n66 but what can I say, I miss dd-wrt so if anyone can confirm dd-wrt supports all the features of this router (I.E transmission, nas, etc) I may go back. Gonna google it in the meantime.

I would suggest you stick with Tomato. it's faster and has a far better(read working) QoS system that is also easy to set up and manage.

Also it's menu system is't a horrible mess.

Switched to Toastman (mod of Tomato), very happy so far. Works very well with my Linksys E2000 in comparison to DD-WRT.