The iPad is NOT an enlarged iPod or iPhone.

That is not at all correct. The buttons, colours, overall look and feel, navigation etc are all completely different. As I have said earlier also, a lot of developers don't just stretch their apps to fit the larger screens, they practically re-design them like this.

Yes, it does not look different on computers (other than not being cramped up). But this is not a computer! This is a tablet.

I like your use of bold, but I think it may have prevented you from reading what I said.

And both of your example apps are VERY minimally redesigned. A few buttons are moved around and that's about it. Again, I'm an iPad owner, and I like a lot of iPad versions of apps, but it doesn't make it any more than just a big iPod touch.

And both of your example apps are VERY minimally redesigned. A few buttons are moved around and that's about it.

For me at least, even the little things matter. For example, may people think (not saying that you do) that logo design is not a big deal; just a few lines, shapes and colours. But that is not the case at all. There is a definite thought process behind every well known logo.

For me at least, even the little things matter. For example, may people think (not saying that you do) that logo design is not a big deal; just a few lines, shapes and colours. But that is not the case at all. There is a definite thought process behind every well known logo.

So in other words, it is just about the same thing, but the use of more resolution pleases you. Totally understandable and exactly what I've been saying.

Yes, it does not look different on computers (other than not being cramped up). But this is not a computer! This is a tablet.

And a tablet/slate is not a computer how? Or perhaps I didn't know that I could use my iPad as a blender.... :woot:

I have both an ipod touch and the iPad 2 and the iPad is just a bigger ipod with better resolution. Nothing wrong with that, that's why I bought one. They are not completely different things though.

So in other words, it is just about the same thing, but the use of more resolution pleases you. Totally understandable and exactly what I've been saying.

My mistake. I should have added "Even in this case" before "for me at least".

And a tablet/slate is not a computer how? Or perhaps I didn't know that I could use my iPad as a blender.... :woot:

I have both an ipod touch and the iPad 2 and the iPad is just a bigger ipod with better resolution. Nothing wrong with that, that's why I bought one. They are not completely different things though.

If you look at the technical definitions, then maybe they are the same. But in practice, when someone says they bought a new computer and you ask which one, they don't say, "iPad". :)

That is not at all correct. The buttons, colours, overall look and feel, navigation etc are all completely different. As I have said earlier also, a lot of developers don't just stretch their apps to fit the larger screens, they practically re-design them like this.

Yea, as I said - adaptive/fluid/flexible layout. Developers don't just stretch their apps but use the extra space to show more content. That doesn't mean iPad is not a giant iPod touch.

Here is an example: http://www.alistapar...site-FINAL.html <---open this and resize browser window.

Screenshots

post-62693-0-39861800-1343845838_thumb.j

post-62693-0-35248900-1343845834_thumb.j

Yea, as I said - adaptive/fluid/flexible layout. Developers don't just stretch their apps but use the extra space to show more content. That doesn't mean iPad is not a giant iPod touch.

Here is an example: http://www.alistapar...site-FINAL.html <---open this and resize browser window.

Screenshots

snipped

Yes, that is a good example of a flexible layout. But that is a website. These are apps. 2 very different things.

Past midnight here...will continue this debate in the morning. :)

Yes, that is a good example of a flexible layout. But that is a website. These are apps. 2 very different things.

A good portion of apps are simply front ends for websites.

From a developer perspective, the iPad and iPhone are just different screen sizes to target for the same underlying code base, thus the iPad is an enlarged version of the iPhone. Do you want to talk about the developer perspective?

From the user perspective... well there are tons of users. Which user would you like to talk about?

Past midnight here...will continue this debate in the morning. :)

:huh: :s

I agree, the only thing making the iPad a tablet are the screen size and the bump in specs, but everything else is really iPod-like

Huh? They all run iOS, they all run the same apps, they all do the same thing. How are they not alike?

If you double the screen size of an ipod touch, would you no longer call them the same? You're saying iPad is not an enlarge iPod, but you're only real argument here is that they look different from the screen shots, which is obvious because the iPad has a larger screen size hence the it being called a larger iPod. Like was said before, developers may prefer to present apps differently on larger screen devices. The underlying OS is the same.

Lol I can't believe you made a thread for this. You must really be all worked up by this. The iPad IS AN OVERSIZED iPod, it has exactly the same functionality on a bigger screen. Making a thread and crying will not change this fact. iPad prototypes even had iPod written on it.

I have the new iPad and my kids have 4th gen touchs... Aside from screen size and camera quality, they are both pretty much the same. I am not an apple hater, just saying they are the same to me.