Outlook.com is out! Now ask the Outlook.com team your questions!

Excuse me for my English.

1) Can You change Setting that all Junk mail always go to Inbox mail ?

2) How can I configure EMail Client for outlook.com (not live.com) ?

Thanks.

Let me edit the picture of a Windows Live contact. I can do this on my Windows Phone from the people hub but the photo would not sync to the web app

I have existing hotmail and live accounts. I created an Outlook.com account that is the same as my Live account. Is there a way to just "move" my live account to the outlook account? I can't use the alias function since it says the outlook.com email address already exists.

Would Outlook.com develop into a full-blown mail client to the point of being like a Desktop version of Outlook which can be used anywhere? What I mean by this is being able to host 3rd Party POP/IMAP/Exchange/ActiveSync accounts to have Outlook.com a central location for all email accounts, and being able to access Outlook.com using POP/IMAP/Exchange/ActiveSync. Sign into Desktop Outlook with an Outlook.com account would pull in all your account settings. Being able to upload your PST files to Outlook.com and have all your old emails remotely accessible.

It would be pretty cool to be able to have an IMAP or ActiveSync connection to Gmail from Outlook.com and being able to use Outlook.com WITH Gmail instead of having to make a full switch straight away.

Really like the new look!

If I use Desktop IE10 I can attach files to my emails, but if I use Metro IE10 it doesn't seem to work

I get the file picker screen select a file and click open. I go back to the email, but nothing is attached.

Is this a known bug?

Like a lot of us, I would love more info on moving my live.com email over to a new outlook.com address without loosing everything attached to the original live.com address

Now, praise aside, there has been one major issue plaguing many early adopters (especially those loyal to many MS services like myself). Please see THIS THREAD. There is a solution that worked for my scenario (created new outlook.com with address I wanted to migrate old live to, but did nothing with it) - this solution is on page 5 of the string posted by sss_ms. The solution is cumbersome and scary, but did work. Microsoft needs to step up and figure this issue out AND make it very clear that you can "rename" old live address, before even more create separate accounts or alias that create 30 or 270 day waiting periods to solve the problem.

Thanks. I'd been watching their forums, but hadn't seen this one. I'll give it a test ad then a try. :)

Why didn't Microsoft allowed @Hotmail.com & @Live.com account holders time to claim there @Outlook.com account. Example: me@Live.com claim me@Outlook.com

My email address xyz@live.com is not available @Outlook.com

Let me edit the picture of a Windows Live contact. I can do this on my Windows Phone from the people hub but the photo would not sync to the web app

^ THIS!

It's really annoying that half of my contacts have no picture in the People webapp, but they do on my Windows Phone.

Any plans to add 2-step authentication like what Google does? Considering that Microsoft is trying to push more people towards the cloud, it's absolutely crucial ?that 2-step authentication to mitigate people from being completely screwed over if anyone gets access to their account password.

Q: How much resource is being put toward Outlook.com and will MS take this service seriously? I have already got my @Outlook.com address but I don't want to move across from Gmail only to find MS pulls resource and creativity when Outlook.com is not the number one email service straight away.

Background: Looking back Ive had @msn.com, @hotmail.com and an @Live - Yahoo and Gmail have remained consistent with only one main recognisable domain.

I really hope Outlook.com will become the best email service there ever was (mostly because i got the two email addresses I really wanted, something I haven't had since Yahoo mail)

Q: I got my parents an @Outlook.com address and they prefer to use POP3 access via an an email client. Is logging into Outlook.com a requirement or will POP3 keep the account active if it is used regularly?

Still wanting to merge accounts. Had my original "Microsoft Account" from back in 2001 with tons of data regarding Xbox and Messenger contacts. I "grew up" you can say and created a more professional email address but now i'd like that data to be there. The accounts are linked but just can't get the data or otherwise rename the old one to a new one anymore (obviously can't to the new name since it's already taken).

Anything coming with that?

Oh and can't seem to switch back to Live.com (not create alias or "hotmail" interface) - Xbox is tied to my live.com and didn't think about that first. :pinch:

Any plans to add 2-step authentication like what Google does? Considering that Microsoft is trying to push more people towards the cloud, it's absolutely crucial ?that 2-step authentication to mitigate people from being completely screwed over if anyone gets access to their account password.

FYI I think 2 step is already there. I tried going to my account settings and it sent a SMS to my phone number on file

Why didn't Microsoft allowed @Hotmail.com & @Live.com account holders time to claim there @Outlook.com account. Example: me@Live.com claim me@Outlook.com

My email address xyz@live.com is not available @Outlook.com

AFAIK you can. Just do the "switch" process and type in your XYZ and choose if it's @hotmail or @live.com. I think those are already reserved as I already have my exact same at both live.com and outlook and this was AFTER the 1 million people signed up, my name is fairly common too.

SHoTTa35

How can I do the "switch" ? I try under "more email settings" than "Rename your email address" and I got "name@outlook.com isn't available."

:crazy:

AFAIK you can. Just do the "switch" process and type in your XYZ and choose if it's @hotmail or @live.com. I think those are already reserved as I already have my exact same at both live.com and outlook and this was AFTER the 1 million people signed up, my name is fairly common too.

SHoTTa35

How can I do the "switch" ? I try under "more email settings" than "Rename your email address" and I got "name@outlook.com isn't available."

:crazy:

Because your name is probably common which is probably same as other user who just got that address which you were trying to rename to. First come, First serve.

Nothing you can do about it.

Because your name is probably common which is probably same as other user who just got that address which you were trying to rename to. First come, First serve.

Nothing you can do about it.

Well that's my point!! when @mac.com switched to @me.com users had the choice to stay with the current email or switch. Microsoft doesn't seem to get this right! UX!!

Well that's my point!! when @mac.com switched to @me.com users had the choice to stay with the current email or switch. Microsoft doesn't seem to get this right! UX!!

If you have a live or hotmail address, then you can switch to the new 'outlook' layout with your current email address, no problem. No need to sign up for new address unless you want to sign up for alternative name or nickname instead of a common name.

Or you can create an alias name which it would be stored in a seperated folder for this alias account you create.

Microsoft didn't do anything wrong. They have done a good job with their outlook web client. But they should have warned us about renaming addresses if they have accounts with the services such as windows phone.. It was mess.

I thought Silverlight was on the way out like most media plug ins but after a recent fresh install on my PC, I noticed viewing pictures in email on Outlook.com required Silverlight to be installed which I thought was a little disappointing. Any plans to do away with this in the future so nothing depends on plug ins, ?

Myself and many others in the rush to get a new outlook address didn't know about the upgrade to outlook address thus making your current Live/Hotmail/MSN address an alias so we are stuck with a new outlook.com account and our current live/hotmail/msn account being seperate when in fact we would have loved our current account to become an alias in our new outlook.com account. We don't want the accounts linked either. If you could make our current live/hotmail/msn account an alias in our already created new outlook account, that would be perfect. As of now, we are stuck in limbo.

Frankly, your blog post yesterday about upgrading to Outlook was too late and I think you should acknowledge the issue that a lot of us are having and possibly find a solution and your outdown yourselfs making it so easy as your blog post explains. Little backwards engineering perhaps :)

http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-outlook/archive/2012/08/03/upgrade-from-hotmail-to-outlook-com.aspx

Will there be a rebranding of Hotmail Plus into Outlook.com Plus, when will it happen, and what will it look like?

Any chance of consolidating Microsoft's other paid subscription services like additional Skydrive storage, Xbox Live Gold, and Zune (Xbox Music) Pass?