Outlook.com is out! Now ask the Outlook.com team your questions!

I have some People Hub questions and suggestions. People hub for the most part is identical on WP7.5 and Win8 so the same would apply to those also.

Social network integration has one major flaw. Let's say I have 250 people in my Facebook friends and I now have all 250 of them in my People Hub. Out of the 250 friends I would only like to see 20 of them. The only option is to place the 20 contacts into a group instead of choosing the 230 contacts I would rather have removed from my People Hub completely. At this time my People Hub is cluttered with Facebook pages that I follow, I know I will never in my lifetime want to contact a single Facebook page. I have just dealt with it on my phone but now that It's going to be the same on my soon to be new OS and my preferred personal E-Mail I would love the option of hiding hundreds of contacts that I would rather not have to sift through.

Contact editing is another problem I have been frustrated with. I know it might be suppressing to some but I have many friends in their 20's and 30's who refuse to use things like Twitter, Facebook and G+. For these individual's I have to add them into my People Hub myself. Everything about creating and editing contacts works fantastic except for the fact that I can't add a picture of the individual. On my WP I can place a picture but it only shows on that phone. It would be nice if we could add a picture for contacts that we both create and import. On a side note I have no clue if a Facebook or other similar contact can override a contact that I have created on Hotmail. I have yet to actually use the cleanup feature.

Calendar social integration has been great other than I get spammed about people's birthday's. Most of my problems with the calendar would be fixed if we could remove contacts we don't care to have in our People Hub.

My last item has to do with the new @ outlook.com and alias. I was able to get my name @ outlook.com. I made it an alias as I have used my @ hotmail.com for around 9 years or so. I might have missed it but I would love to have the option to make the @ outlook.com my main account and change my old @ hotmail.com to an alias so it will still function as intended for the hundreds of web sites I have used it on.

If you created your name@outlook.com as an alias in the same account as 9 year old name@hotmail.com, All you have to do is delete your name@outlook.com and then rename your 9 year old name@hotmail.com to the new name@outlook.com. I done this and it worked without having to 30 days for the alias to free up.

Mondi

SK[' timestamp=1344445004' post='595072583]

I assume

What if you need to go to the last page of emails and you have 100,000 emails in your inbox?

Well they need a better search engine in addition anyway. The current one is extremely limited. i'm sorry to come back to Yahoo! again but they provided a very nice solution to replicate the bollean queries you can do in Gmail and as previously illustrated here for the photo section

If you remove the reading pane, you get 35 emails on the first page.

But I want it. it is activated on Yahoo! on the screenshot

easy solution: turn off reading pane

That's not a solution...If others are able to list more than 30 emails with a preview pane activated why not the brand new Outlook.com...

SK[' timestamp=1344450760' post='595072913]

if you want a yahoo clone why not just stick with yahoo?

I'm not asking for a Yahoo! clone, I'm asking for a better product.

It's good to get inspired by Gmail but other are doing great stuff not to be ignored

Rigth now Outlook.com is just a skin on top of Hotmail.

They want feedbacks, i'm giving them. Just like i give feedbacks to the Y! Mail team.

Outlook.com has great points that I love like Sweep and a clean UI

I actually want to use Outlook.com, but it's not perfect. I actually tend to switch from one to another. All my emails are sync'ed

That's not a solution...If others are able to list more than 30 emails with a preview pane activated why not the brand new Outlook.com...

I guess we will see what the Outlook team says about it. I am guessing if they make it more dense as in Yahoo, it will be unusable from a touch device.

Most web clients are different depending on their programming language and web/server configuration.... you can NOT expect all clients have same features and message limit.

If you aren't happy with the emails list, then try Windows Live Mail which may list more emails than outlook web client. Try that.

I always turn preview pane off. So I open message in popup window to read then close it when done or next message if available.

You can not force web client developers to make a web client to look like Yahoo, Gmail, etc... If that happens, Microsoft or Outlook team may get sued for that.

If you like Yahoo Mail better, then stay with it...

I'm not asking for a Yahoo! clone, I'm asking for a better product.

It's good to get inspired by Gmail but other are doing great stuff not to be ignored

Rigth now Outlook.com is just a skin on top of Hotmail.

They want feedbacks, i'm giving them. Just like i give feedbacks to the Y! Mail team.

Outlook.com has great points that I love like Sweep and a clean UI

I actually want to use Outlook.com, but it's not perfect. I actually tend to switch from one to another. All my emails are sync'ed

I think you're being a little unreasonable about what you're asking. There are many type of layouts, same for both yahoo and outlook. If you want to have the multiple list of emails, switching to the classic look in the menu like a couple people have suggested. I actually like the reading panel in outlook because it's a much more better reading experience than yahoo's reading panel. Have you even tried yahoo's reading panel? The email list is horribly squished and the screen real estate devoted for the reading panel is abysmally small compare to outlook even though it has more emails the list.

I think you're being a little unreasonable about what you're asking. There are many type of layouts, same for both yahoo and outlook. If you want to have the multiple list of emails, switching to the classic look in the menu like a couple people have suggested. I actually like the reading panel in outlook because it's a much more better reading experience than yahoo's reading panel. Have you even tried yahoo's reading panel? The email list is horribly squished and the screen real estate devoted for the reading panel is abysmally small compare to outlook even though it has more emails the list.

I'm not being unreasonable, I'm just asking for a layout option..; you could at least have messages on 1 line instead of 2 for non touch devices....

The more you ask the more you get don't you ?

Alright folks, shutting the thread down so the Outlook.com Team can compile the questions and dig up the answers to your questions. Thanks for participating, we will post the responses up in a few weeks (or less).

• Like 3