Change the Default System Fonts in Windows 7, 8...

Let's see if anyone knows how I can change the font size to be marked within the red circle from the registry. The others and I have since record in 'Window Metrics' but which are within the red circle there is no way. It is the default font of system , for ye see him, is the font shown for example in the run window when you press the key combination 'Windows + R'.

capturasrf.png

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="Arial"

-------------------------------------------------------

Or replace Arial with your choice of font.

Not at all helpful, but do you have a link to that wallpaper?

yes, of course

https://docs.google....OEo2ZTJTc0NaN0E

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="Arial"

-------------------------------------------------------

Or replace Arial with your choice of font.

Ok, but i'm asking for fontsize. That way only change the type, right?

Yes. This will change the font.

As to the size of the font, I'll look into it.

Thank you very much for what you do Ice_Blue :)

On a related note, I'd love to know how to reduce the border width to the RP look - now that the corners are square, we can thin down the borders and not make it butt-ugly as a drawback.

On a related note, I'd love to know how to reduce the border width to the RP look - now that the corners are square, we can thin down the borders and not make it butt-ugly as a drawback.

http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.96

That site has a lot of other cool tweaking software for Windows 8 too.

I did it like this (using Kroeger 05_55 pixel font). The version of this font is Bitmap (.fon) and it only has one size (very, very small), so any size that the OS tries to set gets ignored :)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI"="Kroeger 05_55"

"Segoe UI Light"="Kroeger 05_55"

"Segoe UI Semibold"="Kroeger 05_55"

"Segoe UI Symbol"="Kroeger 05_55"

I did it like this (using Kroeger 05_55 pixel font). The version of this font is Bitmap (.fon) and it only has one size (very, very small), so any size that the OS tries to set gets ignored :)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI"="Kroeger 05_55"

"Segoe UI Light"="Kroeger 05_55"

"Segoe UI Semibold"="Kroeger 05_55"

"Segoe UI Symbol"="Kroeger 05_55"

What I'm looking for is to use the default font of the system, but change its size. Have a screenshot of how it looks?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Its "SilentR3venge the Spammer" ... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Back it up.....

There's Arial

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00130713334231639282
[/CODE]

Before

beforefontchange.png

After

afterchanger.png

Want to know how its done go back and look at that key. Downside, you don't get to use that font... but oh well I'm running a netbook so I can't afford that blurry bs.. Maybe you'll think twice before talking crap about someone's name on your forum. I am not a spammer.

Ok... I wouldn't do this. After playing around with it all day, I discovered. Your just gonna make a mess.... And my netbook is running 10x better then it did with 7. So If you wanna play around with it, otherwise I wouldn't recommend wasting your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... I wouldn't do this. After playing around with it all day, I discovered. Your just gonna make a mess.... And my netbook is running 10x better then it did with 7. So If you wanna play around with it, otherwise I wouldn't recommend wasting your time.

When it comes to fonts you are better off leaving them alone. There was a hack that changed Segoe UI to Tahoma but it made a mess of my themes so I changed it back.