Difference between LED monitor and LED TV for pc gaming?

Input lag is the delay taken processing the image before it reaches the display - it is unrelated to the response time. HDTVs typically have much higher input lag because of the way they process the image, especially if you're talking about 100Hz models as it has to hold frames back in order to insert additional frames (60Hz doesn't convert natively to 100Hz - you're not simply doubling the frames). They are simply not designed to be used as computer monitors, even though they have ports labelled specially for PCs.

For a lot of games input lag is irrelevant due to the nature of the controls - you're unlikely to notice with any game played using a controller - but it's very noticeable on fast paced games like first person shooters. As I said earlier, it's not just input lag that's the problem - it's colour accuracy and pixel density as well. A 32" display with a resolution of 1280x720 is a really poor choice for a primary monitor.

There's a reason you pay more for a computer monitor.

Granted all of that first paragraph is irrelevant if the tv has an actual game mode, something it doesn't seem like the kings Bravia does. Most likely it's an ex model,.

As for color, unless it's a good IPS monitor, the tv will in fact generally have better color accuracy and depth.

And actually, you can get a "good" monitor for 150-200 for 22-24 inch. Heck you can get decent IPS monitors for fairly cheap nowadays, chaper than a good anyway.

If you're talking the proper high end IPS monitors with actual correct color reproduction and tub back lifting or proper back lit, led backlights, then yeah they're expensive, but those are for photo editors and graphic artists.

Response rate = Ghosting / Blur

Input Lag = Really annoying delay between what you do with the controller / mouse and what happens on screen

Before I discovered game mode on my tv I could press left on the controller playing Driver SF and the car wouldn't turn until almost a second later

So...It's the size and not so much the TV? So many differing opinions haha. Too bad my premier silver membership is up with Best Buy. I'd just take advantage of their free tv calibration by their geek squad and go from there...If they even do a good job.

So if anyone had a chance to look at the monitors I listed, which would be the recommended one?