Would you live on another Planet or Stay on the Earth if you had a choice?

If they have Higher end Technology and Internet Access and can travel to the stars and know more information about the universe, and if they know if god exists and how to reach him if one does exist or not, and have alot more information then what we have. and know anything about if other universe does exist or not, and know how to get too them.

Why three polls essentially asking the same thing?

Also, not enough options. I'd quit this dump of a planet even if it meant a life of hard work, terraforming my new home. This place is full of WAY too many morons.

Of course, I'd only go if we could keep all the warmongering dipsticks out...

• Like 1

I definitely would!! But only if it had none of the scum of the earth....OR bring everyone over, allocate a capsule for the "special" chav society and launch them into oblivion.

The questions are confusing, so I'll clarify my position here:

I would visit Mars (or any other planet for that matter) without hesitation if it were possible. Note though that I say "visit" rather than staying there. If I were going to stay there then I would need my family with me, the idea of doing it alone doesn't interest me.

And I wouldn't leave Earth because it is full of ***holes. I would leave for the adventure of visiting another planet.

So you are saying if they made a duplicate of Earth would we go live there?

No, why would you want the upheaval of moving if it is the same.

Now if it offered something different than of course it would be considered.

I would visit an uninhabited planet like Mars but to live there would drive me mad. If I had a choice to live on a planet with a technologically advanced and peaceful culture, I'd consider it.

I would visit an uninhabited planet like Mars but to live there would drive me mad. If I had a choice to live on a planet with a technologically advanced and peaceful culture, I'd consider it.

Such a better way to put my reason for doing it lol I agree good sir

The appeal of living on a new planet would be to shape a future devoid of the current flaws in society. That said, my concern is that the ability to start again would lead to new mistakes being made. The most obvious example of that in recent history would be the US, which was founded partly to escape the religious persecution many were facing in Europe - unfortunately the US has ended up with more religious problems than most. It's the same with guns, which were designed to protect liberty but now threaten lives - it's one of the reasons the US murder rate is 4-7x higher than western-European countries like Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Norway and the UK.

Without a strong culture and vision you risk any newly colonised planet becoming much worse than Earth.

No, why bother, if you're going to stick humans on another planet, what's the point of going ?

Same sh*t, different place

Probably worse actually, no organised policing, it would take a couple of idiots to turn the place into a nightmare

It's not so clear cut. If I could pack up my bags and moved to an established colony on another planet with all the same amenities as Earth would I do it right now? No.

Sure I would be up for a short-term visit, and interplanetary travel is damn cool, but my life is established in the city I am in for now. It's the same that I wouldn't move to Antarctica, another country, or another city in the same country.

Would I go to another planet to escape the *******s on Earth? What makes you think that there wouldn't be *******s on other planets as well? We are still human no matter where we go.

Would I stay on Earth for the rest of my life? I wouldn't rule out moving to another city/country/planet. Not right now, my friends, family and career is where I am not. When I am ready for a sea change or I retire? Sure why not. Being a different planet doesn't make much difference from the next town if it is well established as in your hypothetical.

I'm sure that by the time the Technology is cheap enough that I can afford to go out of this planet, the Inter-planetary Broadband would not be a concern. If they can already get 2Mbps X-Band links between Earth and Mars I'm sure they could get much better throughput if they had many repeaters/base stations along the way which would be necessary in opening access to other planets and interplanetary travel becomes commonplace.

The appeal of living on a new planet would be to shape a future devoid of the current flaws in society. That said, my concern is that the ability to start again would lead to new mistakes being made. The most obvious example of that in recent history would be the US, which was founded partly to escape the religious persecution many were facing in Europe - unfortunately the US has ended up with more religious problems than most. It's the same with guns, which were designed to protect liberty but now threaten lives - it's one of the reasons the US murder rate is 4-7x higher than western-European countries like Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Norway and the UK.

Without a strong culture and vision you risk any newly colonised planet becoming much worse than Earth.

We have religious problems here in the US? Last I checked freedom of religion was still in place around here...or did you mean something else entirely that I don't know about?

Guns though, yes. Though technically if you go by the "Right to bear arms" line exactly, it doesn't actually have to mean guns. Just knives, or a weapon to defend yourself and property like you know, a giant machete or something :D I still say the invention of gun powder and guns themselves are the worst thing Humanity has ever thought up. Hey I know, let's make this little thing here that shoots this even littler thing here at other people you don't like or don't even know and hey it kills them instantly! Smart thinking.

As for the poll, yes I'd leave this dump of a planet without question. It's going downhill fast on this little blue ball sadly. I don't know what's going to happen to our society in say, 10 years let alone 100 years from now. But I do know the way we are currently going around the world, there won't be much left by the time the 22nd century comes around probably. Which is pretty sad. However, the new planet (if it is a similar copy to Earth) must have take out food. Specifically a good chinese place and a good italian place. Also, a good movie theater and access to the universal net? :)