Barclays Premier League Season 2012/2013

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IronSkull

Ridiculous weekend again for Man City, stealing away the 3 points in the final minutes. This Dzeko is really crazy. :p

• 3 weeks later...
JJ_

Not as crazy as Chicharito for utd. I don't know why they do this to us supporters. 7/8 games this season where they have gone down to go on and turn the game on its head.

Damo R.

West Ham 2v8sjl3.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Damo R.

West Ham 3-1 Chelsea :D

Farstrider

Pretty good result for the Hammers, and also an outstanding one for Swansea! First win at The Arsenal in 30 years I think!

My beloved Villa were pretty bloody useless again today, almost conjured up a goal at the death, but was not to be!

• 4 weeks later...
JJ_

What a month of football it's been, Seems like Neowin PL fanbase is dwindling :s

Farstrider

True and true! Yeah nobody really posts here anymore, sadly!

mattmatik

I'm still here, although as Chelsea supporter, its been a roller coaster of a season thus far. Really not sure what to say of it, really. Not a Benitez fan, really, but finally someone has come in and put the kabosh on David Luiz in defensive back. Sideshow Bob aggrivates me to no end - if he's going to be on the pitch, put him at midfield and let him run around, if anything.

I'm just getting sick of everytime checking the scores and Chicharito or RVP has some crazy ass late minute goal to steal points for MU. Getting rather irritating, actually.

JJ_

It happens so frequently, it isn't luck anymore. It's written in MU's DNA :) On a serious note yesterdays clean sheet was a milestone for us because we've been leaking goals all over the place this season, hopefully with our defence back to full strength, we can tighten up at the back.

Sideshow Bob, haha great name. I agree, he's a beast in midfield & his free kicks aren't bad either. Chelsea looked strong at the start of the season and I thought they would go on to win the PL. It surprised me how bad they flopped but they aren't looking too at the moment and with a few games in hand, I think they can easily beat Man City to 2nd spot before the season is up :D

• Like 1
Lingwo

Looks like Southampton are finally getting used to the PL. We're not winning as much as we should but we're not losing either. We'd have won yesterday if it wasn't for Cameron's wonder goal. Hopefully we'll have enough to keep us out the relegation battle towards the end of the season. I think Villa is going to be there and looking like QPR also.

Damo R.

West Ham are playing awful so not really wanting to share my thoughts about it :p

mattmatik

Well, big win @ Everton today. Thank goodness for Lampard. We'll see how bad the Cech injury is - at least we have QPR on Wednesday.

No telling what will happen in transfer window. Sounds like Ba is close to done deal - a move I like very much.

• 3 weeks later...
mikebiacsi

Down 2-0 at half time, come back to rescue a point against the champions of Europe? I'll take that :D

Lingwo

It seems second time round Adkins prepares the team much better. We did it with Arsenal who gave us a drubbing earlier in the season too.

Lambert once again proving his class.

Stamford Bridge used to be a fortress.

Astra.Xtreme

Down 2-0 at half time, come back to rescue a point against the champions of Europe? I'll take that :D

If Torres started, you would have had an easy win. :D

StrikedOut

Saints have sacked Adkins.

Awful decision...........

Damo R.

There was already a replacement so this has been weeks in the making it seems :/

StrikedOut

Looks like it. Monday will be interesting, can hear the chorus of 'THERES ONLY ONE NIGEL ADKINS' already.

Lingwo

Good time to sack our manager when we seem to be on the up.

If they were going to get rid of him, they should have done it at the start of the season.

Him and Pardew have put Southampton where they are now. I think he deserved more than this.

Well at least some other team is going to get a decent manager out of this.

StrikedOut

Something I think NC has little appreciation for.

leesmithg

Something I think NC has little appreciation for.

Your board have made you a dead cert for relegation already.

Your ex-manager I heard, will be approached by Villa very soon.

StrikedOut

Your board have made you a dead cert for relegation already.

Your ex-manager I heard, will be approached by Villa very soon.

It feels that way and at the moment I wouldn't be too bothered, would feel like an I told you so to NC. However come Monday I will be 100% behind the team and new manager.

NA is a genuinely good person and a good manager, he won't be out of work for long.

Damo R.

Alot of tweets I saw and response from Saints fans are saying they will go down now, the new manager said he had been studying the club for several weeks...football is just cruel and mystifying sometimes!

mikebiacsi

Honestly don't understand this one. I suppose if it's been weeks in the making then yes, but the timing of it seems absurd! Lets hope NC gets this one right, the last time he sacked a manager was Pardew when we just picked up a big win. He was replaced by Adkins and we all know how that one went, hopefully lightning can strike the same place twice.

Damo R.

Southampton's new manager debuts tonight then! I bet the Soton fans will give him grief :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brandon H
      Neowin's Community Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)
      Currently Running Vanilla 1.16.3

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.

• By Timan
      Neowin's Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by TBD

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (104.208.240.71)
      Currently Running Vanilla 1.16.1

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

ATTENTION: We are currently working on setting up a new server on a paid host. If you would like to contribute towards this cause please review the Poll page and/or donate to the new server PayPal account at https://paypal.me/NeowinMC

Thank You  
    • By zikalify
      Google adds match predictions to Premier League games following use in World Cup
      by Paul Hill

If you’ve been watching the World Cup this summer you might have seen Google’s attempt to predict the outcome of matches by the 90-minute mark. Now that the World Cup is coming to an end Google has decided to continue testing the feature for Premier League matches which are played around the U.K.

Google has not announced the win-draw-lose probability feature for the Premier League, which starts on August 10th, just yet but the feature is already live. It’s the only league in the U.K. that has the feature switched on, and seemingly the only league in Europe to have the feature too. Neither the French Ligue 1 or German Bundesliga have the feature switched on and the Italian and Spanish leagues have not yet announced their fixtures so it’s not possible to know if the feature will be enabled in those leagues.

The probabilities that Google has produced have been a bit hit and miss over the duration of the World Cup, for example, yesterday it said England should win (43%) or there ought to be a draw (33%) - after 90 minutes, the match was a draw rather than a win for England. Going forward, it has Belgium with a 43% chance to win in the third-place playoff against England's (30%), and it says France should win the cup with 49% against Croatia’s 22% - it’ll be interesting to see how that one turns out.

• By Hamza Jawad
      Amazon wins Premier League TV rights, will show 20 matches a season from 2019-2022
      by Hamza Jawad

Today, Amazon has announced that it will be showing 20 Premier League fixtures per season from 2019-2022, following its acquisition of a Premier League broadcasting package. All of the matches will be available in the UK for no additional cost on Prime Video, the video on-demand service exclusive to Amazon Prime subscribers.

The broadcasting package acquired by the company is one of the final two smaller ones that was available, albeit one that features fixtures over an important holiday period. The first midweek round in December will be streamed on Prime Video, followed by streaming of the Boxing Day round later that month. The Premier League comprises of 20 teams, and the package of 20 games will cover two full rounds of fixtures, thereby including all participant teams. This will make it the first time a full round of Premier League matches will be broadcast live in the UK.

Prime membership currently costs $12.99 a month, after going up by $2 in January. On the other hand, the yearly membership is $49. Premier League football joins a growing collection of live sports being streamed on Prime Video, including NFL games, ATP World Tour Tennis events, and US Open Tennis. Additionally, aside from live streaming, weekly highlights of all Premier League fixtures throughout the season will be available to be viewed by Prime subscribers as well.

Jay Marine, Vice President of Prime Video in Europe, commented on the new partnership, noting:

The other package of 20 games was bought by BT for £90 million ($121 million), although it is not yet clear how much Amazon had to pay to secure streaming rights for the somewhat similar package it acquired. The company will be looking to push the number of Prime subscribers in the coming years, especially since avid football fans in the UK will now need to subscribe to Amazon Prime, as well as BT Sport and Sky Sports, to view all Premier League matches available on TV.

Source: Amazon via BBC

• By zikalify
      HTC blunder confirms specifications and pricing of its U12 Plus before event
      by Paul Hill

HTC is set to unveil its HTC U12 at an event tomorrow, there’s a good chance it will officially unveil the HTC U12 Plus too. Unfortunately for HTC, its engineers appear to have left a test webpage for the HTC U12 Plus open for the public to see. The mistake, which was quickly rectified, now means that specifications and pricing of the upcoming premium handset were leaked ahead of the official reveal.

The premium device will be available in China with a price tag of 5,888 yuan, roughly $920. At least one of the options for the device will include 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. HTC has decided to opt out of using an OLED screen and has instead gone with a 6-inch WQHD+ (1440 x 2880) Super LCD6. The U12 Plus appears to come in a variety of colours including maroon, black, and navy blue.

The device will be powered by a Snapdragon 845 processor and has a slot to add a microSD card up to 2TB. The U12 Plus is equipped with Boomsound speakers and is classified as IP68-rated water and dust resistance giving it some innate protection against the elements. Lastly, it is powered by a 3,500mAh battery which should see it last for about a day but we won’t know for certain until it gets into people’s hands.

Let us know, are you excited for HTC’s upcoming devices?

Source: Roland Quandt (Twitter) via The Verge