SEAL who wrote Bin Laden Raid book identified.

Brave enough to write it, not brave enough to face the consequences?

I'm sure if it was just him he'd be fine with that..

But what if they just decide to blow up something in his home town, or [ if he had one ] kids school ?

The risk is small imho, but enough I wouldn't be reporting the name..

As for Geraldo.. he got raped by all the media for doing that.. just saying :p

So you potentially out SEALS (like Chaney did when he outed a CIA agent) and put them in danger, to what, score political points? And they say they are for the troops. FOX should have their license revoked.

Well, not me but I have absolutely no doubts Fox News certainly would.

If you think about it, Fox News cannot attack Barack Obama on his record regarding the war on terror: Obama continued and intensified the usage of drones strikes, commited military resources against Khadafi in Lybia without any cost of US soldiers lives and he ordered the SEAL raid which lead to the demise of Obama Bin Laden without any doubts of his fate.

The 'Obama is a friend of the terrorist' routine does not hold any water against the facts.

Fox News is so deep in their smear campaign against Obama:

Had Obama wait for getting more intelligence, Fox News would be saying that he is a wimpy president

Had Obama ordered a bombing raid, Fox News would be claiming that the death of Bin Laden cannot be verified

Had Obama did the raid on his own and kill Bin Laden himself, Fox News would say that Obama is stealing the job of US amred forces special forces

All missing the point.

Guy did this because he wanted:

- To make a buck.

- His 15 minutes of fame.

Proceeds from the book are going to charity.

He wrote the book under a pseudonym, but was identified by Fox News.

I think it's wrong he's been outed really.

He's doing the work he's been told to by the US Government. He shouldn't be identified as an individual (IMHO). Ironic really too that Fox did it, given how much noise Fox make about their patriotism and so forth.

Proceeds from the book are going to charity.

He wrote the book under a pseudonym, but was identified by Fox News.

I stand corrected, then.

wow, I can't quite believe his real name has been revealed. Surely fox news can be in serious trouble because of this??? He clearly didnt want his name publicised as he used a false name for the book so what gives fox news the right to do this

He's doing the work he's been told to by the US Government. He shouldn't be identified as an individual (IMHO). Ironic really too that Fox did it, given how much noise Fox make about their patriotism and so forth.

Yeah, I found that very ironic.

• 1 month later...

What he was doing was unpatriotic. He knew the military and the US government didn't want any details like he wrote released, and yet he did it anyway. I don't agree with what Fox did in publicly outing him. They should have just let military officials know so he could be punished accordingly.

Breaking news: Fox News reports first fact ever. Internet tough guys up in arms saying Fox News is evil for reporting facts.

You guys should really pick one. Normally you claim everything Fox News reports is not true, and now, only because it makes Fox News look bad, you ignore that you normally say Fox News doesn't ever speak the truth, and run with it the other way.

They should have just let military officials know so he could be punished accordingly.

They already knew or it couldn't have been confirmed. At the same time though, we know it was never confirmed because Fox News doesn't fact check and never reports the truth according to the OP. (look at any other thread about Fox News, you'll see the OP state exactly that just about every time, unless of course he needs it to be truth make them look bad)

I think Fox News did it because they saw the writing of a book like this as unpatriotic since you took an oath to remian silent about your activity to the country

What he was doing was unpatriotic. He knew the military and the US government didn't want any details like he wrote released, and yet he did it anyway. I don't agree with what Fox did in publicly outing him. They should have just let military officials know so he could be punished accordingly.

how was it unpatriotic.

I bought the book and so far it's a great read. If you do some research you will know he is not making money on this book and all proceeds are going to wounded warriors. Everything in this book has been made public knowledge and he lists all of his sources in the book on where to obtain the information. The guy still has not gotten in trouble so that must say something. People are making this a much bigger deal than it needs to be.

Going against your country, that's almost the definition of unpatriotic.

he didn't really go against the country. And he is giving all the money to a charity for wounded soldiers and marines.

he didn't really go against the country. And he is giving all the money to a charity for wounded soldiers and marines.

actually he did go against his country in the sense he signed a pledge to never divulge information about what happens with the SEALS... and well guess what he did! the seals are technically part of the country / gov, he went against orders, therefore he did go against his country