Old Mobo problems! Won't boot!

Hey everyone. I am fixing my friend's grandpa's computer and he has this mobo: (or something close lol sorry I'll look when I get home)

http://www.asus.com/...ket_A/A7V400MX/

He has a 250 wat Deer (oh deer never heard of them) power suply. He also has an Athlon XP, not sure which model, I'll look when I gt home. When I plug the power supply in to mobo, a green light on the board comes on and when i push the button to fire it up: Nothing. No fans, etc. Nothing. Is there something wrong with it? Is the power supply bad? I have already tried configuring the jumpers (all in default place) and replacing the CMOS battery (it was dead). The ram is not an issue. I tried it on my old board and works well. I've been googleing this for atlest 2 days now and don't know where to turn. Any suggestions? Thanks guys!

Is the power button working? Try shorting the front panel pins on the mobo for the power switch to power on manually

Also possible PSU problem (Google paperclip trick for PSU), could be a dead board too though

Is the 4 pin CPU power lead plugged into the board ?

Unplug all drives and other hardware and leave only the board and cpu power leads attached and try that

Is the power button working? Try shorting the front panel pins on the mobo for the power switch to power on manually

Also possible PSU problem (Google paperclip trick for PSU), could be a dead board too though

Is the 4 pin CPU power lead plugged into the board ?

Unplug all drives and other hardware and leave only the board and cpu power leads attached and try that

I tried all of that.

err....CPU...power...lead? I have power to mobo and that's it. I don't think this board needs that...does it? This is my first time working with old hardware. The first computer I build was a dual core athlon 2ghz x64--lol! Well, you lean something new everyday. Anyone else?

I tried all of that.

err....CPU...power...lead? I have power to mobo and that's it. I don't think this board needs that...does it? This is my first time working with old hardware. The first computer I build was a dual core athlon 2ghz x64--lol! Well, you lean something new everyday. Anyone else?

Looks like it doesn't have a 4 pin CPU power socket, even my old P4 mobo has one

Is it safe to call it? Bad Mobo?

If you have tested the PSU in another machine and its working, and although unlikely to be the CPU, know for sure the CPU is fine, and you know the RAM is fine, then I'd say its likely the mobo yep