Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

pj8a2lkx.jpg

TV Line reports that Brett Dalton is the latest edition to the cast of Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.; a small screen spin-off of The Avengers written and directed by Joss Whedon. The series will focus on the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, with Clark Gregg's 'Agent Coulson' already confirmed as returning. Dalton is a relative newcomer, but he has lined up a supporting role in National Geographic's Killing Lincoln. The actor will play 'Agent Grant' in the ABC pilot, "one of S.H.I.E.L.D.?s highly-skilled rising stars - he's deadly, precise, and cool under fire ? but not so great with the people skills. What do you guys think about this casting edition?

http://www.comicbook...QuhOxwYYyTI3.99

Clark Gregg is playing Agent Phil Coulson, the same role he has played in "Iron Man I & II," "Thor," and "The Avengers". The series will center on his character.

Excellent news. I like Agent Coulson.

same, at least he is returning in some form

Yeah, which I find interesting. I wonder where this show will lie compared to the movies. I mean, clearly before Avengers. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

wd4r4t.png

With production commencing soon after the New Year, ABC's Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot has enlisted the finale Agent to its main ensemble cast. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Nashville actress Chloe Bennet has joined the prospective TV series, directed and co-written by Joss Whedon.

Bennet will play Agent Skye, who is described as ?a confident woman who is slightly obsessed with superhero culture and the shadow organizations that exist within it. She's edgy and can out-talk anyone with her unflappable nature.? The relatively unknown Chinese-American actress has appeared in a TV movie, Intercept, beyond her role on ABC's Nashville. The actress can be found on Twitter with the handle @ChloeBennet4, where she's confirmed the news.

Chloe Bennet-Wang-joins Ming-Na (Melinda May), Clark Gregg (Phil Coulson), Brett Dalton (Grant Ward), Elizabeth Henstridge (Gemma Simmons) and Ian De Caestecker (Leo Fitz). In addition to Joss Whedon, Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot is penned by his brother Jed Whedon and his wife Maurissa Tancharoen. And Marvel TV's Executive producer Jeph Loeb stated recently that the pilot is aiming for a premiere spot on ABC's Fall of 2013 line-up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=71546

• 4 weeks later...

Joss Whedon?s S.H.I.E.L.D. may only be a pilot at this stage, but ABC entertainment president Paul Lee sounds confident he?ll give the heavily buzzed-about project a series order.

Critics pelted Paul Lee with questions about the network?s upcoming Avengers-related project at the network?s press tour day in Pasadena, and the executive gave up a few tidbits. Lee described the Whedon series as ?not exactly about The Avengers but is attached to it? and promised ?I can tell you it?s a great story.?

?It?s just very Joss,? Lee said. ?You know how Joss is so high-low? And he?s able to be intense and epic and suddenly funny and silly? He?s just got that ability to be super entertaining and sort of super educated.?

Lee said he?s ?hopeful? the show will receive order and that Whedon is ?very engaged? in the creative process of the series despite big-screen commitments. The executive also dropped that Whedon is working on scripts beyond the pilot. ?For us to have Joss Whedon not only [attached to] the show but passionate about the show, directing and writing pilot ? he?s already working on the scripts,? Lee said. ?We shot it in LA to make sure he?s free to work on it across his TV and feature life.? An ABC source says the network had Whedon work on additional scripts on the expectation that the in-demand writer-director might become unavailable later this year due to other projects after the show is presumably greenlit.

Asked if S.H.I.E.L.D. will be the network?s most expensive pilot yet, Lee said, ?I don?t know that it will be. We?ll certainly be investing in it. It?s a big franchise for us.?

And where on the schedule might S.H.I.E.L.D. go? Sundays with fairy tale hit Once Upon a Time, perhaps? ?There?s no question S.H.I.E.L.D. could go anywhere. It could absolutely go on Sunday.?

All of which sounds optimistic. More practically, it?s just unlikely that ABC would invest so heavily in this big of a Marvel project with Whedon and not pull the trigger (unless, of course, the pilot just turned out dreadful). After all, even if the show flops, it would be tough to criticize any executive for taking a chance on it. One critic pointed out that superheros have flourished on the big screen but TV versions often stumble. Lee replied, ?They said the same thing about fairy tales. We couldn?t pick a better group of people or a better set of brands to do [a super hero show] with.?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/10/abc-s-h-i-e-l-d-joss-whedon/

President Paul Lee was asked how Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. would tie into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and he reveals that the pilot (which has yet to be picked up for a full series) will actually take place after the final battle in The Avengers. "There is no question that it is part of the Marvel Universe. In fact, the story takes place after the battle for New York." Despite its connection to the MCU, Lee reiterates that it's more stand-alone. "This is S.H.I.E.L.D. They?re following their own particular stories. There are characters in it, Coulson, who clearly comes from Avengers. So it?s part of the world, but we?re going to be very, very careful that we don?t tread on the toes of the features and build a whole new world. And that?s what Joss Whedon does better than anybody else. He?s built a world for us."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=72529

• 2 weeks later...

It'll most likely start before the events of The Avengers and continue after the huge battle that took place in New York City. Either that, or Agent Coulson didn't actually die in The Avengers.

It'll most likely start before the events of The Avengers and continue after the huge battle that took place in New York City. Either that, or Agent Coulson didn't actually die in The Avengers.

It's confirmed it starts after the battle of New York

Maybe they clone him.

I love Summer but everything she is in has the kiss of death.

It's not her that has the kiss of death lol Joss Whedon does...geez

I think he grows tired of things because everyone loves what he does. :D

Also, Summer is awesome!

She appeared on Alphas :shifty:

she's soon to appear on Hawaii Five-0

I love Summer but everything she is in has the kiss of death.

not sure if she just has awful taste and luck in picking shows that are doomed, or if the shows she is cast in just don't have enough support from her and other castmates to last...

I WANT TO KNOW, DANG IT!

not sure if she just has awful taste and luck in picking shows that are doomed, or if the shows she is cast in just don't have enough support from her and other castmates to last...

I WANT TO KNOW, DANG IT!

To be fair to Summer the shows shes usually in are good shows if not unusual like Firefly or REALLY expensive such as Terminator, as for The Unit that show didn't just jump the shark they flew over it, the 4400 was really bad towards the end, and the Dollhouse lost half there viewers same as Alphas but then Alphas story just got a bit rushed and felt massively lame.

She stars in interesting shows which eventually become cult classics that TV execs don't really understand, I'm sure if she wanted to star in some POS which idiots will watch for years she could but she doesn't, she chooses geeky shows.

• 2 weeks later...