September 2012 Desktops

I thought I'd post my current workspace ^^

If anyone's interested I can post my win8 tweaks for firefox (using latest modded australis)

23456765432345676543.png

can u please share this sexy firefox setup

I can't believe how downright ugly some of the screenshots here are when a lot of these same people constantly whine about Windows 8's aesthetics.

Good thing you found the perfect timing and place to let some of that Win 8 fanboy steam built up finally go. The world is a better place now.

Good thing you found the perfect timing and place to let some of that Win 8 fanboy steam built up finally go. The world is a better place now.

Put the fanboyism thing aside, he is right. :|

that anime wallpaper is creepy......... :wacko:

One of the few anime girls that does indeed have character... and madness, that's why I love her.

How did you hack it? which files? tried to find the files on rtm :p

It might not technically be a hack since I didn't mod any files -- I wrote some code in C# to adjust the size of the start screen. I found the window class/handle using Spy++. Here's the source, very simple (was thinking about making an app with a hot key to toggle between sizes and docked positions/screens and just load on startup):

IntPtr hwnd = FindWindow("ImmersiveLauncher", null);
SetWindowPos(hwnd, HWND_BOTTOM, 0, Screen.GetWorkingArea(this).Height - 320, Screen.GetWorkingArea(this).Width, 360, SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

and DLL imports:

[DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
		public static extern int SetWindowPos(IntPtr hWnd,
		  IntPtr hWndInsertAfter,
		  int x,
		  int y,
		  int cx,
		  int cy,
		  UInt32 uFlags);

[DllImport("user32.dll", SetLastError = true)]
		static extern IntPtr FindWindow(string lpClassName, string lpWindowName);

Simply setting the window size automatically adjusts the amount of rows displayed. I was going to try taking this further with the search bar and such too or by seeing what other API calls the start menu responds to.

It might not technically be a hack since I didn't mod any files -- I wrote some code in C# to adjust the size of the start screen. I found the window class/handle using Spy++. Here's the source, very simple (was thinking about making an app with a hot key to toggle between sizes and docked positions/screens and just load on startup):

IntPtr hwnd = FindWindow("ImmersiveLauncher", null);
SetWindowPos(hwnd, HWND_BOTTOM, 0, Screen.GetWorkingArea(this).Height - 320, Screen.GetWorkingArea(this).Width, 360, SWP_SHOWWINDOW);

and DLL imports:

[DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
		public static extern int SetWindowPos(IntPtr hWnd,
		  IntPtr hWndInsertAfter,
		  int x,
		  int y,
		  int cx,
		  int cy,
		  UInt32 uFlags);

[DllImport("user32.dll", SetLastError = true)]
		static extern IntPtr FindWindow(string lpClassName, string lpWindowName);

Simply setting the window size automatically adjusts the amount of rows displayed. I was going to try taking this further with the search bar and such too or by seeing what other API calls the start menu responds to.

I'm not really into C# code >.>

But I didn't knew we could inject dll's and use C# to modify the system :p

Anyway if you got a working demo app I can try, I will try it straight away ^^

I'll just start with making a windows 8 visual style hehe

I'm not really into C# code >.>

But I didn't knew we could inject dll's and use C# to modify the system :p

Anyway if you got a working demo app I can try, I will try it straight away ^^

I'll just start with making a windows 8 visual style hehe

Well I just finished up creating the app I mentioned -- take a look here: http://www.diablocra.../SMModifier.zip

I briefly tested it on my multi-monitor setup so it should work fine but let me know if there are any issues.