Eto'o is highest paid Footballer

table.jpg

Year after year, Cristiano Ronaldo has stepped onto the podium for all kinds of individual trophies, but his name does not feature amongst the top 3 best-paid players.

The list includes exceptional cases, such as Eto'o at Anzhi of Russia or Drogba at Shanghai. However, there are players who earn more than CR7 in less exotic places, such as Ibrahimovic, Rooney and Messi.

This has led the striker to feel financially undervalued at Real Madrid, and he believes that he deserves to be paid more.

The top place on the list is held by Samuel Eto'o. The Cameroonian hit the jackpot with Suleyman Kerimov's offer for him to sign for Russian club Anzhi: ?20 million, which secured him the title of the best-paid player in the world, a long way above second.

After Eto'o comes Ibrahimovic. The money of the sheikh Nasser al-Khelaifi was the deciding factor in his incursion into French football with PSG. Zlatan is the centre of the galaxy, which Ancelotti's team of stars revolves around. He takes home wages of ?14.5 million for each season that he plays on the banks of the River Seine.

The top 3 is completed by one of Cristiano's former colleagues, his former Manchester United teammate, Wayne Rooney. The bad boy of English football threw a tantrum at his club last season, reaching the point where he said that he wanted to leave. Three days later, he signed a new contract with the Red Devils for ?13.8 million a year.

Also above Cristiano are Yaya Tour? (?13 million) and Kun Ag?ero (?12.5 million), the two greatest exponents of the display of wealth by the sheikh who owns Manchester City.

Drogba, Conca, Fernando Torres and Leo Messi also earn more than CR7.

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/04/en/football/real_madrid/1346777676.html

I just cannot understand why these people are paid so much.

When Doctors, nurses, teachers get crap wages.

These people do far more than the over paid footballers do.

Eto'o gets ?297,000 after taxes per month.

That is disgusting.

That is disgusting.

I presume you mean per week?

That is disgusting.

It's cause Doctors, nurses, teachers etc. don't have branding plastered on their uniforms and such.

• Like 1

That is disgusting.

Because their employers can pay them that much. The employers of doctors, nurses and teachers... can't. Really simple.

Not that I'm condoning it, as yes it's a shame that doctors, nurses, etc. aren't paid a fortune, but at the end of the day you can only pay out what you can earn and clearly the football clubs are swimming in money, so it's not really hard to work out why there's a difference.

I thought it was something do to with him not being allowed time off for his late father's anniversary?

I heard he felt financially undervalued but yours sounds more plausible