Glow for Windows 8

It's no use pirating something with a free version which has for most of it the same.

The paid version only has some extra styles which might be worth pirating (if you like those styles more then the default style) but the extras like modifications of the theme aren't pirateable :p

Its not about the usefulness, its about the attitude.

That would probably cover you, but you are packaging your theme in a .theme file and a .msstyles file, both I believe are protected by a Microsoft copyright. You are essentially selling a repacked Microsoft protected file. Your images will also be covered under "prior art", I think, since you are basically just editing existing files to make a new design. I know you are (probably) making them from scratch, but you are using their window metrics and design style as a guide/template, and that would probably be enough for Microsoft to claim it was copyright infringement. I am kinda basing these ASSUMPTIONS on Apple v. Samsung rulings, I am NOT a lawyer and am not trying to bother/scare/bore/mess with you in any way shape or form. I just found you invoking DMCA a little strange and funny, so I offered my two cents.

It still doesn't/won't protect you from a take down notice, just so you know, if DA gets a letter from Microsoft it will get yanked and your account frozen/removed (if they still do that?). I doubt you are making enough money to hire a lawyer to fight the take down notice. Big content (riaa, mpaa) use the same strategy to remove stuff all the time, they simply file the complaint and wait for a fight/reply, then elevate to court to see if anyone is willing to hire a lawyer to keep fighting.

Just so you know, I am NOT for anyone pirating your theme or anything else for that matter. I know it's hard work to make themes look good and work properly, because I attempted it years ago and it was a complete and utter disaster.

I am really using your free version of Glow and it is very nice, keep up the good work.

Any form of design is sueable these days everything has been patented...

But MS won't be doing that simply because that would be very bad publicity.

Also there is a lot of software also containing those files like vistastylebuilder, did this software ever get sued? Nope MS isn't apple.

My works and any other software etc for windows 8 is free publicity for MS and would be plain stupid to sue.

And deviantart doesn't just takes down someones work from my experience.

link reported to Microsoft for Intellectual Property infringement.

And this is exactly why you are still a virgin.

For the people complaining about him charging a measly few dollars for his theme, get over it. Use it or don't use it. This guy has always made amazing stuff. If I go back to Windows 8, I will be sure to pick up this theme and will be glad to pay for his great work.

For the people complaining about him charging a measly few dollars for his theme, get over it. Use it or don't use it. This guy has always made amazing stuff. If I go back to Windows 8, I will be sure to pick up this theme and will be glad to pay for his great work.

assuming someone is a virgin from a post shows exactly why you are still a virgin. <---- See what I did there??

Any form of design is sueable these days everything has been patented...

But MS won't be doing that simply because that would be very bad publicity.

Also there is a lot of software also containing those files like vistastylebuilder, did this software ever get sued? Nope MS isn't apple.

My works and any other software etc for windows 8 is free publicity for MS and would be plain stupid to sue.

And deviantart doesn't just takes down someones work from my experience.

So what you're saying you're breaking the law but **** it because Microsoft will never sue me?

Really? Yet another prime example of the outstanding members of this forum.

If the guy wants to report it to Microsoft, he is welcome to as Seahorsepip isn't in danger of being sued by Microsoft, lol. He didn't need to come in here to post that. You can argue that I didn't have to post either, but I actually added something constructive to mine pertaining to the topic. ;)

Downloading now. Will report back after install.

I am installing free version, sorry but I am not working at the moment and I cannot afford anything that isn't a necessity. Thanks for offering a free version, I (unlike some) do understand how much work has gone into this and charging $3 is nothing for a theme.

The guy is offering a version for free so why are people complaining and reporting things to MS.

• Like 2

Please stay ontopic if you want to say something about legal stuff send me a pm this topic isn't meant for that.

Any more usseless comments will be ignored and I will contact a moderator to clean up if needed.

Love the theme! Really is one of the best themes I've used. I never usually download themes because they are glitchy, don't work and need some crappy bloat-ware to run them. Love how yours seems to be a normal windows theme and doesn't require any other software running. The Glow Tweaks made a big difference too :)

Only thing I notice is this blue patch and the top of properties and options windows. (Blue is the colour I've chosen in customisations, so I guess if I changed it from blue, this little patch would change colour too)

post-147642-0-96454900-1352068069.jpg

Love the theme! Really is one of the best themes I've used. I never usually download themes because they are glitchy, don't work and need some crappy bloat-ware to run them. Love how yours seems to be a normal windows theme and doesn't require any other software running. The Glow Tweaks made a big difference too :)

Only thing I notice is this blue patch and the top of properties and options windows. (Blue is the colour I've chosen in customisations, so I guess if I changed it from blue, this little patch would change colour too)

post-147642-0-96454900-1352068069.jpg

In the folder there is an html file, open it and it downloads a tool that tweaks your system to get rid of it :)

Using the free version just now, looking really nice. I'll more than likely be getting the premium version in the next couple of days!

What icon pack are you using?

In the folder there is an html file, open it and it downloads a tool that tweaks your system to get rid of it :)

Using the free version just now, looking really nice. I'll more than likely be getting the premium version in the next couple of days!

What icon pack are you using?

I've done that. Mentioned it in my post " The Glow Tweaks made a big difference too"

I haven't restarted since choosing the theme and running glow tweaks tool. I'll try a reboot.

I've done that. Mentioned it in my post " The Glow Tweaks made a big difference too"

I haven't restarted since choosing the theme and running glow tweaks tool. I'll try a reboot.

Sorry, completely missed that sentence and jumped to the next paragraph, time for bed me thinks.

No problem.

I restarted and it is still there. I ran the glow tweaks tool again, and I tried disabling and enabling that again. All it does is make the sides of the windows smaller, which in turn shrinks the little blue patch. However, it doesn't remove it. Its still there :(

No problem.

I restarted and it is still there. I ran the glow tweaks tool again, and I tried disabling and enabling that again. All it does is make the sides of the windows smaller, which in turn shrinks the little blue patch. However, it doesn't remove it. Its still there :(

That blue patch is a limitation in windows 8 that creates the bug :/ I'm working on a fix.

That blue patch is a limitation in windows 8 that creates the bug :/ I'm working on a fix.

At least I know its not just me :) Its not that big of a deal really.

Thanks for the awesome theme. Using on desktop and laptop. love it :)

As I Said before, best theme ive ever used. Love how seamless it is.

Are the mac style icons optional?

I'm using it just now and don't have them so I'm guessing so, either that or mine is borked :p

474245500.png

Are the mac style icons optional?

The icons used in the preview are not available yet but will be soon available seperately.