Spamming in the jokes section

everyone has different idea of funny

The argument about "humor" is not the topic at hand....

Its about pretty much making threads that dont try to be funny but just simply let a comment go.

Prime example is one you just created about the potato. Is it really a joke? You are basically repeating a thread he made yesterday.

/shrug

I think warwagon is funny sometimes. Hence the scale.

warwagon is not the issue at all. His jokes are so horrible they are actually funny, so it fits in the rule of "everyone's humor is different"

Nothing to get your panties in a bunch about. It's just good harmless fun.

Its not bothering me now, just imagine if we had 100s of members doing it....

if you don't like it don't hang out in the jokes section.....

Just like how I don't hang out in the politics section cuz I know it stresses me...

• Like 2

Just like how I don't hang out in the politics section cuz I know it stresses me...

I used to visit that section every so often because there actually used to be funny stuff in there. It is now just a wasteland of "jokes". (and my humor level is probably 7/10 warwagon scale)

If you don't see the problem, you are part of it.

I think in-jokes should really be reserved for IRC or private messages.

A topic that has no content other than "banana gravel" might be hilarious to me because I can see it in some different context, but that doesn't mean it belongs in the jokes forum.

• Like 1

I think this should be in the Joke forum

because its a joke this is being made such a big fuss about lol

As someone said if you dont like the content then report it and let the mod decide

As I said earlier though, I can understand if a joke is posted and I don't find it funny. That's fine, humour is subjective. But if you've browsed the J&FS forum recently you may have noticed several threads that were created which were nothing but random phrases. Now if people don't have a problem with that then I will happily go and created 26 threads, each thread just containing a letter of the alphabet, nothing more. But the point is that such threads are spam and shouldn't be allowed.

Since the main culprits have been named, I may as well offer this to prove the point. Warwagon's jokes aren't the funniest in the world, but I can at least see how they are jokes. Some of the threads that Turion has posted in the J&FS section though...well, they appear to follow my idea of creating threads with the alphabet in them. Even when people ask for an explanation as to how the post is supposed to be considered a joke, there is no response (leading me to believe that Turion just wrote the post for the sake of writing something rather than actually aiming for humour).

So yes, we could just sit back and think, "y'know what, I'm not going to pay attention to anything that Turion posts in the J&FS section because I know it won't be a joke." But there are still people that visit the forum, and they will enter a post like that and think, "wow, is this the quality of content that the Neowin members post?"

Totally agree with this.

With a bad or unfunny joke, you can always kind of see where it is going and the sort of people that would find it amusing but a lot of the stuff put in the J&FS forum lately is plain post fodder and has no right to be in public full stop.

Stop filling Neowin with crap!

It's ruined Jokes & Funny Stuff IMO. It used to be a regular tab on my quick checks at work, and at home. Now I open it maybe once a week. It's trolling, and I don't know why it's been allowed to happen for so long. It's not different humor, there would be people actually laughing at the jokes if it was funny, no one likes the majority of jokes posted up constantly. But anyway, I guess it's up to Neowin.

I think this should be in the Joke forum

because its a joke this is being made such a big fuss about lol

As someone said if you dont like the content then report it and let the mod decide

I do and I suggest members that agree with me (which from what I see is a lot thank you :) ) to report all threads.

The LEAST the mods could start doing is replying on why our reports arent being listened to.

Cleaned

I do and I suggest members that agree with me (which from what I see is a lot thank you :) ) to report all threads.

The LEAST the mods could start doing is replying on why our reports arent being listened to.

Simply reporting a thread doesn't mean action will be taken. As with all reports, it will be carefully reviewed by the staff.

Cleaned

Simply reporting a thread doesn't mean action will be taken. As with all reports, it will be carefully reviewed by the staff.

Not asking for action, just asking for a reply on why/why not action was taken :)

Not asking for action, just asking for a reply on why/why not action was taken :)

On a site this size, do you think it's an easy thing to do?

I'd like the mods to just use a bit of common sense. The forum is ****ed.

lol. I laugh at this cause a thread was created over my posting jokes. :D

Your jokes are so bad they make mine look good. That's saying something!

Here is an example of a Turion Joke.

Thread Title : Hey guess what?"

Content: Exactly!

:laugh:

I still say we need an anti-joke forum for the likes of Turion, warwagon and Colin-uk. There are too many threads in J&FS with > 8 warwagons these days. :/

Create separate thread for these two, where they can exhaust their stock of humor. :D

BTW, both Warwagon and Turion are funny some times, but we all understand what threads are being talked about here. They don't even try to be humorous. :/