Editorial news calls quite a lot of people Idiots

Far more than you do, in fact... tomorrow I'm moving to England for a PHD, how about you?

It would be a good start if you correctly capitalized the abbreviation for the degree.

/ducks

• Like 2

It would be a good start if you correctly capitalized the abbreviation for the degree.

/ducks

Ah come on, the less that I care about is my abbreviations, rather, in packing up everything necessary, but you get the idea, right? and in any case, I really want my ignore certain editors news option. BTW, have you seen the opinion above you? did you know that that opinion is based on the article that started all this thread (as well as others)? I would paid more attention to that rather in justifying your bad articles with my bad "capitalized the abbreviation for the degree"

• Like 1

Just a FYI Arceles - it's "come on" not "common" - it's a mistake I see alot on forums.

Thanks man, no problem, correcting that :D

Grammar police out in full force now. This thread just needs some stupid meme pictures and it will be complete.

Nothing like that, except for bdsams looking for a proper "PhD" with nothing more to gain than to diminish me, metallithrax was actually quite polite, that's nowhere near a grammar nazi. The fact you haven't seen any memes pictures means that at least some people care about the news found here on neowin, be editorial or not.

Edit: Damn... to late.

• Like 1

Just a FYI Arceles - it's "come on" not "common" - it's a mistake I see alot on forums.

Also FYI - it's "a lot", not "alot". I see that a lot on forums too ;)

No, not the memes! Nooooooo! :laugh:

Also FYI - it's "a lot", not "alot". I see that a lot on forums too ;)

No, not the memes! Nooooooo! :laugh:

Yeah, thanks for that. It's one that I do mess up on now and again. :D

Far more than you do, in fact... tomorrow I'm moving to England for a PHD, how about you?

Well no plans lately, but six years ago I sold everything I had and moved from my home country to a tiny little island on the Honduran coast.

Sounds better then moving to England, right?

Well no plans lately, but six years ago I sold everything I had and moved from my home country to a tiny little island on the Honduran coast.

Just an FYI - it should be "Sounds better than moving to England, right?" :D

You said that we should be doing something instead of looking into this thread... and well, I'm doing something, don't know about you in your tiny island though. (Personal opinion, no, it doesn't sound great to me to have to sell everything just to move into a tiny island, that's not my kind of thing)

I sold my body to have the man of my dreams....

That was... kinda creepy you know? O_O

ha ha buuttttt do yah really know what I meant.... I mean... really... LOL...

I'll leave the thread with this quote from Shakespeare:

The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

This is my interpretation of how it relates to saying people look like idiots:

1. If you are wise, then you know that you are a fool. [premise]
  2. If you know that you are a fool, then you know that others are smarter than you. [my own premise]
  3. If you know that others are smarter than you, then you don't say that others look like idiots. [my own premise]
  4. If you are wise, then you don't say that others look like idiots. [Hypothetical Syllogism (1) (2) (3)]
  5. You say that others look like idiots. [premise]
  6. You are not wise. [Modus Tollens (4) (5)]

Therefore, if you say others look like idiots, you are not wise.

• Like 2

I'll leave the thread with this quote from Shakespeare:

The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

This is my interpretation of how it relates to saying people look like idiots:

1. If you are wise, then you know that you are a fool. [premise]
  2. If you know that you are a fool, then you know that others are smarter than you. [my own premise]
  3. If you know that others are smarter than you, then you don't say that others look like idiots. [my own premise]
  4. If you are wise, then you don't say that others look like idiots. [Hypothetical Syllogism (1) (2) (3)]
  5. You say that others look like idiots. [premise]
  6. You are not wise. [Modus Tollens (4) (5)]

Therefore, if you say others look like idiots, you are not wise.

THIS! Even when I'm going to a PhD I can very well say, there are LOTS of people that are simple far more efficient, knowledgeable and wise than I, therefore, to everyone, I like to keep nice words, because you never know where you may end up learning things or from whom.

• Like 2

So do the people who keep complaining about this think they have the right to go see a comedian, and during the middle of their act stand up and start screaming the punchlines to their jokes?

Then why do you think what is written by a new writer needs to apply to the forums? I seriously cannot comprehend this whatsoever. Again, an article in the news and the forums are two completely different entities.

So do the people who keep complaining about this think they have the right to go see a comedian, and during the middle of their act stand up and start screaming the punchlines to their jokes?

Then why do you think what is written by a new writer needs to apply to the forums? I seriously cannot comprehend this whatsoever. Again, an article in the news and the forums are two completely different entities.

Sorry Larry, but you seem to be off the "current topic" - we seem to have moved on to correcting others spelling and grammar mistakes. :D

As for the original topic, I didn't particularly see any problem with the editorial, and only joined in to point out a change to it that some people didn't think was actually there initially.

Do I care that the word idiot was in the title? No, it's an editorial and they use whatever words they need to get hits.

• Like 2

Hahaha, cheers! The bad boy of Neowin. You could start using that as a catch phrase at the end of each piece!

Ooh, and the little pic in your bio can be you in a leather jacket, dark shades, and a scruffy stubble-beard ? la James Dean.

My goal is to be hated by everyone, equally. I'll queue it up.

Man, if you have that purpose... who I am to stop you? but then again, more people would want to really have the "ignore" button for certain writers O_O

• Like 1