Apple

Awful.

Missing three large supermarkets in my city.

Missing the one and only supermarket in my village.. wants to send me ten miles away to buy groceries.

Clinton cards is in the river apparently.

Local pub is shown as being about 200 metres away from where it actually is.

I haven't updated yet, not sure wether I should. Kinda tempted to cancel my iPhone 5 order as well.. it don't seem like its worth ?600..

Too right, especially when you find out it only costs $200 to make. TOP price for this phone should be no more than $250.

That comparison image between iOS5/6 Maps is pretty bad :/ (N)

I was going to update to iOS 6 once a untethered jailbreak was out due to Cydia tweaks that I love on iOS 5 but now that I've seen how ridiculous the new, Apple-powered Maps is and how much I currently use the Google-powered Maps, I'll be sticking with iOS 5 till Google bring out their own app.

A friend of mine updated his 4S yesterday and was trying to show me how awesome iOS6 was. When he was showing the maps, our city was almost completely empty compared to what Google maps had. I feel bad for him. I then told him to put a shortcut to the Google Maps mobile site on his home page.

It's pretty bad, it uses the same map data for SatNav devices. The amount of times it's mis-directed me, made me throw away the device in fustration.

Not just a couple of yards here, but miles away from where I tell it. I also lost count how many times on search, the address or destination simply wasn't found.

Moral of the story, delete the app entirely and place a web shortcut to google maps back on there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/20/apple-maps-ios6-station-tower?newsfeed=true

"Within minutes of the launch of the iOS6 operating system, which comes preloaded with Apple Maps, users were reporting that Paddington station had vanished, London had been relocated to Ontario, the Sears Tower in Chicago had shrunk, and Helsinki railway station had been turned into a park."

works fine for me, looks the same too...

Too right, especially when you find out it only costs $200 to make. TOP price for this phone should be no more than $250.

Windows XP/Vista/7//8 discs also only cost $0.05 cents to make, they should only sell for $0.07 cents too. /s

works fine for me, looks the same too...

Windows XP/Vista/7//8 discs also only cost $0.05 cents to make, they should only sell for $0.20 cents too.

You've probably only checked your local area, which is where you don't need to use maps. Try looking elsewhere.. it's missing major towns, landmarks, railway stations, etc.

yeah it needs *a lot* of work for sure.

good thing was that when it did find the location, the directions were perfect (for me) and siri's instructions were rightly timed (i.e. not telling me to turn left when i'm in the middle of the intersection), but finding places was a lot harder and with much less detail than google. google's transit directions have also come in handy from time to time. would've been perfect if google would have added turn-by-turn for iOS but oh well :-/ let's see how this develops.

Clinton cards is in the river apparently.

:rofl:

Can somebody screenshot that and post. Sounds pretty funny.

Awaits for stupid Lawsuits because people drive into rivers to get to Clinton cards.

There's extra costs involved. You know there's a lot of R&D backend that goes into making the same phone every year.

Yeah It's bad, it's gone back to what Google Maps was like 3 or 4 years ago, maybe even longer.

I zoom into my street and it's badly pixelated, rather embarrassing, especially given the reputation of Apple for perfection.

Apple is not perfection, i dunno WHY people think that it's true. The map is terrible, the new card app is a joke, the UI is inconsistent and clunky at best and even the new facebook integration sucks compared to other phones.

My first gen windows 7 phone is more "smart" than io6 on my 4s.

I hope so the maps is very basic and the satellite view is now a blue blurry mess. Even shots of london look overly brown and lackluster. They should have waited a year to introduce maps.

Unfortunately for Apple, I don't think "time" was their issue. They just have never been really good at moving forward with a market they don't know. Even purchasing another company (As they always do) doesn't generally result in an exceptional product. But no one ever notices because it has the Apple brand... They really should never have gotten into maps to begin with. It's not the easy market that Apple generally goes after.

Apple is not perfection, i dunno WHY people think that it's true. The map is terrible, the new card app is a joke, the UI is inconsistent and clunky at best and even the new facebook integration sucks compared to other phones.

My first gen windows 7 phone is more "smart" than io6 on my 4s.

According to many iSheep Apple only releases perfection, the rest of the sane world knows otherwise

iOS 6 = Fail

I hope iOS7 comes out soon to unify the UI and fix bugs. Knowing Apple, they'll probably drop support for my 4th gen iPod Touch and leave me stuck with this POS. I'm sticking with 5.1.1 until things look better.

A friend of mine updated his 4S yesterday and was trying to show me how awesome iOS6 was. When he was showing the maps, our city was almost completely empty compared to what Google maps had. I feel bad for him. I then told him to put a shortcut to the Google Maps mobile site on his home page.

your intenet must have been down... before placing blame, look past the problem ans see if there might be a different cause. I am viewing Toronto just fine.

You've probably only checked your local area, which is where you don't need to use maps. Try looking elsewhere.. it's missing major towns, landmarks, railway stations, etc.

nope... looked alot of different place.... which are these places you are saying are gone? I wish to look and see...

Maps is below average for where I live (Hong Kong), not a lot of detailed information and searches return not a lot of useful information. We also have no flyover. For Hong Kong I'd give it a 3/10. Can't wait for Google Maps app.

your intenet must have been down... before placing blame, look past the problem ans see if there might be a different cause. I am viewing Toronto just fine.

nope... looked alot of different place.... which are these places you are saying are gone? I wish to look and see...

Some people will truly defend anything Apple does.

after checking out some places outside Canada, I would have to say yes, the map feature is actually a let down to some areas. But, with that being said, some places have improved too. Luckily, you can always get the Google maps app.