hard drive help!

hello, i just bought a new hard drive a few days ago, i installed it, put in windows, and it worked fine, i had my old hard drive put in, formatted, and all was well, last night i decided to take the old hard drive out and install it with windows xp on that, i took out harddrive(i may have switched the connecter that connects it), and temporarily the dvd drive,tried running computer and got a *capable but disabled* hard drive error... i thought it needed dvd drive or other drive, so i continued to put install windows on old computer, started xp install, and upon reboot it said read disk error(i think its an ntfs problem) so i gave up for the time being since i didnt have my win98 cd on hand, i put the hard drive, monitor, keyboard, and dvd drive back in new computer, and upon bootup i get the same thing when i installed hard drive, *netware something or other*

*rpl-rom-flc* or something to that effect, on the bottom line of it it had it going to 50 and restarting, i let it go (after xp wouldnt install first time without it) then tried installing xp again, it copied files, and went to the same netware realtek thing... and all it will do now is start, and do the 1 to 50 thing.. could someone PLEASE help, i am at school now, just finished a final, so i hope there are replies when i get home, thanks! ladr

specs: new pc - 1.4 athlonxp, 60gb ibm 7200rpm hd, ga-7vtxh mobo.

specs: old pc - 533 k6-2, 30gb 5400 rpm, ga-5vmm mobo (i think)

well try taking out all your cards (cuz i think it's your realtek Network interface card (NIC) ) and then try installing again.. except video cards and all the essentials.. (no the sound card is not essential :) )