Amazon UK drops HTC Windows Phone 8X pre-order price to

We're not ones to constantly publish price alterations, but we felt this to be of some significance. Amazon UK listed the HTC Windows Phone 8X for pre-order with the price tag of ?531.43 (approx. $680 excluding tax) SIM Free.

It now seems the retailer has dropped its pricing to ?399 (approx. $520 excluding tax), which is quite a drop considering we've not received any information from HTC regarding the Windows Phone pricing or availability.

We're still eagerly awaiting confirmation from HTC on both pricing and availability, so one should take this with a slight pinch of salt. Amazon UK expects to be able to ship the HTC 8X on November 8, 2012. The new pricing matches another UK retailer, Unlocked Mobiles, who also lists the HTC 8X for ?399.

Not only that, but the 8S is set at just ?224 - a bargain for a Windows Phone device, and many deal hunters agree as the smartphone is back on a popular UK deals website.

Source: Amazon

http://www.wpcentral.com/amazon-uk-drops-htc-windows-phone-8x-pre-order-price-%C2%A3399

The price had always been suspected to be in the low $500 range since the 8x was announced. A smart move on HTC's part considering they are up against the 920. They share almost all the same specs, but the main question is how good is the camera compared to the 920's Pureview. If the camera quality is anywhere close to Pureview, then it will be a real bargain.

Great news! Would love to have a hands on feel with the 8x and Lumia 920. Hope the Telco's in my country have them on display.

I'm with you, I wanna hold both in my hand but so far i'm going for the 920, better camera and also the bigger screen is something I like to get.