Sex offenders fight city Halloween ban

I'm fine with adding people to sex offenders list.

But at the same time, if the person is proved innocence, we should be able to take him/her off from the list, which is not the case today.

I agree that there are people on the sex offender list that probably shouldn't be there. However, how can we know who did what and how can we know it's safe for our kids to go to their house. Better safe than sorry for me.

Or you can do what you are suppose to as a parent and go with them when they go trick or treating, problem solved. And if you really want to know what a particular sex offender did, you can find out. Court records are public record, even in the case of child sex offenders where they just don't name the children involved. I find it absurd that we have all this technology that tracks where they are living but can't add to the same database what it was they did. If I were to have sex with my gf out in the country somewhere and a happens country sheriff catches us,e go on a sex offenders list. What does two 26 year olds having sex have anything to do with a child and their safety? It is idiotic to ban people based on a broad title that hardly means anything anymore.

Try reading the thread. You can even get thrown on this list for taking a pee in the street whilst drunk...

I knew this before reading the thread : ), this thread isn't about the stupidity of how people can get on the sex offender list but should there be a blanket law prohibiting all sex offenders from handing out candy, and personally I don't see the problem with this.

How many of you guys actually would care if you couldn't hand out candy at halloween? I wouldn't lol.

I don't see what they think will happen --- a majority of the trick-or-treaters are accompanied by a parent, and they should know enuff to not go inside someone's house.

'Society' worries too much.

It's a good law IMO.. around here its a little different but there was an instance where some kids showed up at a door and the guy kept answering naked and so on. It's only 3-4hours of stay in and no lights outside which doesn't matter any more cause parents are out dragging their kids around in broad daylight now which I know for me I will NOT hand out any candy no matter if my whole yard is done up till the sun is down and there is a little bit of darkness at least.

I knew this before reading the thread : ), this thread isn't about the stupidity of how people can get on the sex offender list but should there be a blanket law prohibiting all sex offenders from handing out candy, and personally I don't see the problem with this.

How many of you guys actually would care if you couldn't hand out candy at halloween? I wouldn't lol.

So you are suggesting the government should decide which freedoms are important to me and stripe them off me as it pleases?

Glassed Silver:mac

I agree that there are people on the sex offender list that probably shouldn't be there. However, how can we know who did what and how can we know it's safe for our kids to go to their house. Better safe than sorry for me.

Spend five minutes and look at the registry maybe? Not sure about other places but the registry in my state tells you what they were convicted of.

It's a good law IMO.. around here its a little different but there was an instance where some kids showed up at a door and the guy kept answering naked and so on. It's only 3-4hours of stay in and no lights outside which doesn't matter any more cause parents are out dragging their kids around in broad daylight now which I know for me I will NOT hand out any candy no matter if my whole yard is done up till the sun is down and there is a little bit of darkness at least.

Your math sucks. 5PM to Midnight is not 3-4 hours.

Spend five minutes and look at the registry maybe? Not sure about other places but the registry in my state tells you what they were convicted of.

Why should we have to spend our time doing that?

Why should we have to spend our time doing that?

You asked how you could know what they did. I told you. Not everyone on the sex offender registry is a pedo, as has been mentioned in numerous posts here.