(mac) good looking text in office x?

One thing has been really bothering me lately about Microsoft Office on Mac. I love the software itself, much better than the windows version just because it is more document centered, but I still have one complaint and I am wondering if there is a way to fix it.

The text just looks horrible. It almost looks like it is not smoothed at all. I was wondering if there was a way to turn this on or am I just missing something? I have tried silk from unsanity and that did not seem to do anything.

Also, could it be the zoom setting it is on? I just have it set to the default. I thought this issue would change with Panther's new text rendering but it looks just as bad.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a fix out for it?

Command+,

General

Enable Quartz Text Smoothing

;)

Hmm...I can't seem to get this working.

Is this for OFfice v.X?

Also, is there another way to enable smoother fonts in word? I've never asked, but I'd also really love to get this working.

Thank you WK. It looks like I am running version 10.0.0, time to go update. It looks like you have to install the 10.1.2 and then the 10.1.5 in that order.

here is the link for anyone else who needs to update

thanx again, I hope it looks good when I am done :)

EDIT - it looks like you have to install the 1.4 exchange update even if you don't use enterauge (sp?) before you can do 1.5. ALSO, it looks AWESOME. Thank you guys!

Oh man, the updates worked like a charm. Working with Word on my powerbook always made me vaguely uncomfortable because of how ugly the text was...but no more :D

Thanks guys

Ah, thanks guys! Now my text is all pretty. I always liked Office v.X over Office XP and 2003 because of the feature set and that it just has this "right" feel to it, and now it's even better. :D