Recommend TV Series

Line of Duty - My Rating 5/5

Following one multi-stranded investigation over five hours, Line Of Duty sees Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott transferred to AC-12, a fictional anti-corruption unit, after a mistaken shooting during a counter-terrorist operation. Alongside Detective Constable Kate Fleming, they are assigned to lead an investigation into the alleged corruption by a popular and successful officer, Detective Chief Inspector Tony Gates. While Gates cleverly manipulates his unit's figures, DS Arnott questions whether Gates's being made a scapegoat for a culture of institutionalised spin, or is guilty of darker corruption?

Homeland - My Rating 5/5

Carrie Mathison, a CIA operations officer, is on probation after carrying out an unauthorized operation in Iraq. As a result, she has been reassigned to the Counter terrorism center. Whilst in Iraq, she was warned that an American prisoner had been turned by Al-Qaeda. When Nicholas Brody, a U.S. Marine Sergeant, is rescued after being held hostage since 2003, she suspects that he is the turned American prisoner. Brody is received home as a war hero, so Carrie goes to any lengths possible, ignoring protocol, to catch him out.

Season 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_U3TmMm4U8

Season 2 is currently being aired

Alphas - My Rating 4/5

Following the death of a witness in a court case, Dr. Lee Rosen leads a team of "Alphas", (advanced human beings) who have have a number of special skills that makes them a formidable team. As Rosen mentors them and teaches the team to harness their considerable skills, they begin to realize that there are powerful forces behind the courthouse murder, including one of their own.

Season 1

Season 2 is currently being aired

Luther - 5/5

"Luther" follows the cases of a troubled yet brilliant English police detective, DCI John Luther (Idris Elba). Separated from his wife, whom he loves passionately, he is torn between an unrelenting approach to solving serial killings and his attempts to rekindle his marriage. Luther is a highly charged emotional man who is not above stretching the law to solve a case or save a life. In episode one, Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson) proves she is equally brilliant by committing the perfect murder of her parents, which challenges Luther as never before. Alice develops a strange fascination for Luther and their continued exchanges and interplay serve as a backdrop for the rest of the season. Luther's edgy police tactics make him a serious concern to his superiors, who feel that he is a threat to their reputations and that of the Police force. From the opening credits to the end of season one, "Luther" is a fast paced mystery presented with many plot twists and insights into the human psyche.

Not sure if a Series 3 is being made to be honest. I hope so!

I LOVED Luther! Series 3 is hopefully out early next year!

I like the sound of Line Of Duty so will check that out - The BBC also did another short series called The Shadow Line which was superb!

There's also another recent show that just finished here in the UK called Good Cop which looked pretty good but I haven't got round to watching it yet sop cannot say for sure

As for US series, my favourites are SouthLand, Justified and Generation Kill. I'm sure The Wire doesn't need mentioning but that's a must see if you haven't already.

There's also another recent show that just finished here in the UK called Good Cop which looked pretty good but I haven't got round to watching it yet sop cannot say for sure

the last episode was delayed and its being shown this saturday

I recommend 'Go On', each episode has made me laugh! :) Red Dwarf's new season looks like it might be good so another recommendation.

I currently recommend Revolution.

Revolution takes place in a post-apocalyptic dystopian future. Fifteen years earlier, an unknown phenomenon disabled all technology dependent on electricity on the planet, ranging from computers and electronics to car engines, jet engines, and batteries. People were forced to adapt to a world without functioning technology. Due to the collapse of government and public order, many areas are ruled by warlords and militias. The series focuses on the Matheson family, who possess a special device (resembling a flash drive) that is the key to not only finding out what happened fifteen years ago, but also a possible way to reverse its effects. However, they must elude Sebastian Monroe the General and President of the Monroe Militia who wants to possess that power for himself.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_%28TV_series%29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI&hd=1

The Walking Dead

This is definitely a must-watch.

While some people might criticize it for its now obvious "weak mid-season, almost soap opera'ish character drama"

the plot always picks up right after :)

The Walking Dead

This is definitely a must-watch.

While some people might criticize it for its now obvious "weak mid-season, almost soap opera'ish character drama"

the plot always picks up right after :)

ugh I can't stand The Walking Dead. One of the worst shows!

Boardwalk Empire, I hope it just don't get lost as "LOST"

Boardwalk Empire

AMAZING television right there, always keeps me gripped week to week