Another Newbie

brianwisti

Been visiting neowin for a month or two as a resource for Windows 8 and Windows 8 Phone news. Thought I might as well sign up proper, in case I had something to say.

Bit of an unfocused geek myself. The MacBook Pro is triple boot OS X 10.8 / Windows 8 / Ubuntu 12.04. I write code for a living, primarily server-side Web stuff on Linux machines.

So ... hey.

+Frank B.

Welcome to Neowin. Enjoy your stay.

f0rk_b0mb

Welcome! How did you tri-boot, if I might ask? Did you just make 3 partitions and install an OS on each one?

brianwisti

Welcome! How did you tri-boot, if I might ask? Did you just make 3 partitions and install an OS on each one?

Yep. I use reFIT as the boot manager. From a fresh OS X 10.8 install, I split the hard drive into three partitions, installed Windows 8, then installed Ubuntu. The main caution was to make sure that Ubuntu installed GRUB to its own partition instead of attempting the MBR.

• Like 1
Growled

Welcome aboard. :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.