Do Computers annoy you?

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do Computers annoy you?

• Yes, damn things
    • No, I love them

Just a quick question, do computers annoy you?

They do me, they never work as you want, if they work at all. They are stupid. They are slow, I'm always waiting for it to do things. Well you get the point....

damn.. this is whoa... are you still using a486-66mhz machine or something? HAHA.. my 1.4ghz is NEVER slow and anything i want it to do it does NOW sometimes so fast it seems like it did it before i even thought about it. The only thing which is slow sometimes is the internet and i don't have control over that and it has nothing to do with my PC... Video encoding is prolly the slowest thing right now but what do you expect.. it's only a 1.4ghz and it has to decode and encode all that info and that's alot of info! :) Only some IBM super computer could whip it up in maybe minutes or even an hour (talking about a full length DVD quality movie) but who knows..

there are quite sometimes i get annoyed at my computer...often there'll either be a good solution or an alternative...

but..yes, they do annoy me.

Sig's that take up 3/4 of my screen annoy me the most, :p

But computers, I love 'em. I tend the think people expect too much from them at times, mainly because that's the way they're sold, and I guess it depends a lot on what you use 'em for.

If it wasn't for my computer I wouldn't be here online. :D At this great website and forum

well for one stop thinking that anything that MAN creates is perfect... we aren't perfect and the machine we create wont be perfect. When you get to heaven tell Mr. G. that you want a AMD or Pentium 10,000ghz computer that never crashes and has 1TB HD Space and 1TB ram with a OC196 connection and all the other lil jewels that we all want. Think of how much people in the 70s would have loved to have what we got and take for granted. In a couple years these computer will look like pocket calculators but as for now this is what we can do so quit tripping about stuff you can't change.. :) I'm not flaming or shunning your opinion but what really annoys me is people that sit on their but and complain all day (not neccessarily only about computer.. but whatever in general) and then in-turn don't do anything about it. I see all these people who live here in the good ol' USA and are living on the streets when the US is full of opourtunities. Even if you don't have a HS diploma or G.E.D. you can still work contruction and or many other things.... and even security at our airports (according to the Govt. even a dumba$$ knows right from wrong) hehe..

Once again.. not flamining but i'm just saying that nobody seems thankful for what they have accomplished or got, it's always the next man has that we all want. :)

Whoa.. there.. i'm done!

the mice on the macs at school really get me mad, they are probably the crappiest mice i've ever used....but the comps are like 4 years old, and dont like the ol BSODS and the REALLY annoying mac freezes on imacs where you're unable to shut of the machine by pushing the on/off button on the monitor/keyboard lol

Originally posted by Silvorgold

the REALLY annoying mac freezes on imacs where you're unable to shut of the machine by pushing the on/off button on the monitor/keyboard lol

um... at the side where you plug in the keyboard, mouse, etc, there is a restart button.. lol

Originally posted by Xcalibur

um... at the side where you plug in the keyboard, mouse, etc, there is a restart button.. lol

actually i checked there n there was no buttons or anything there, just the ports, strange

SHoTTa35, I am trying to do something about it as a computer programmer; and I don't deny that it is better now than it was. But some things are easy to do but they are still done wrongly. Take my media player for example, every time I put in a CD it constantly tries to connect to a CDDB to get the track listings, but it always fails, I wish it would just stop that! And can I find the option to turn it off, can I hell! :mad: It's these things that are so simple, but that never get done that are the annoying bits... Some intelligence, either in the software or developers would be great and make my life easier.

And if that user decides to use components from the bargain basement bin, that person deserves all of hell's wrath through the innocent thing that we call computers and windows.

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by MxxCon

stupid polls annoy me more

LOL

nope, i love the damn things!

maybe you just have an old computer or you expect to much from it... but the computer dosen't do the job for you, you got to do it yourself