Hot on the heels of Sony deciding to shoot their new Ghostbusters in the summer, they?ve now lightly applied the brakes. They?re going to be making some decisions about the film this spring, which in all likelihood would preclude a summer start. In fact they?ve said as much.

Per THR, ? Any ?decision? on Ghostbusters III, the long-, long-gestating sequel, has been postponed until the end of March ? this after Men in Black 3 writer Etan Cohen was paid a huge sum for a script. Shooting was to begin next summer but now couldn?t start before fall at the earliest.?

x

You know, I've been looking forward to this since 1989. When the game was released, I figured things would really pick up because of the attention, and Bill Murray was warming up to the idea, but I guess it stops at the game for us fans.

They can push it all the way back to 2020 for all I care... not because I wouldn't want to see a Ghostbusters 3.

It would be most disappointing and a waste of everyone's time if it isn't any good.

• Like 1

Looks like the delay is because of financial issues. I don't really get why because Sony has had 23 years to save for this one. ;)

Production of 'Ghostbusters 3' has been pushed back until autumn 2013 due to financial issues at Sony.

Financial issues at Sony Pictures have reportedly forced director Ivan Reitman to push back the production of the horror spoof franchise's third instalment until next autumn at the earliest

http://www.skynews.c....aspx?id=811955

I don't understand why so many are against it? I'll wait for it and go see it when release, I'm sure whatever is written will be good.

• 4 weeks later...

By the time this one is finished-- Bill Murray will be the Ghost in the Ghost busters.

They should probably get the people to do the voices and have a computer generated "live action" based on the first movie.

That has always been the problem with this franchise...

they waited too long for the sequels.

I remember after the first one people wanted a second one, but it was too long after the first and didn't make as much as the first. The only thing that made that one to me was the casting of the guy who restored the paintings.

• 1 year later...

Following the tragic loss of Harold Ramis yesterday, The Hollywood Reporter now has an update on the status of Ghostbusters III, which, according to their sources, is now being slightly reworked to remove a Ramis cameo.

Although plans had been for Ghostbusters III to shoot in Cleveland this year, the trade notes that the script still isn't quite ready to move forward. Ramis' planned involvement is said to have been minimal, however. The storyline will instead focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters with cameos from the original stars written into the script.