Dwayne Johnson Set For

Dwayne ?The Rock? Johnson really is going play the classic strongman Hercules onscreen. The Brett Ratner-directed Hercules action film will be co-produced by Paramount Pictures and MGM Studios. The screenplay was adapted by Ryan Condal from Radical Studio?s graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars. Evan Spiliotopoulos did script revisions. Beau Flynn, Barry Levine and Brett Ratner will produce. Peter Berg, Sarah Aubrey and Jesse Berger will executive produce. Production is scheduled to start in early 2013.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/dwayne-johnson-set-for-hercules-brett-ratner-to-direct/

I've been wanting a good greek mythology movie lately, but there has been a huge lack of them. I find the Clash of Titan films to be just awful. I want something like Homer's Odyssey brought to the big screen, with great effects and story.

• Like 2

I will give him a chance. It can't be much worse than the Titans movies, which have been terrible.

I enjoyed the Titans movies... well done I think, But isn't Hercules white?

I thought he was done with Hollywood. Never mind, he retired from wrestling...I saw a clip of him doing WWE and though he was back for good.

nah got a kind of pay per appearance deal with WWE

This is Hollywood we are talking about. It's a wonder they haven't made Hercules an alien from a distant planet yet.

This is Hollywood we are talking about. It's a wonder they haven't made Hercules an alien from a distant planet yet.

Don't give them any ideas! :p

I can see him playing Hercules since he's obviously buff as hell now and he looks the part (other than he is a slightly darker Hercules than normally portrayed?). Let's just see what kind of Hercules they are going to do with him in the role. A action heavy dramatic piece maybe? Or an action heavy comedy-ish piece? Or just straight up action with no plot and 3 sequels.

Yes, but it's okay to make traditionally white characters black.

Lord knows we'd hear about how racist it is if the reverse happened.