PS+ for PS Vita comes next week with FW 2.00, games revealed

8180371559_f0eb40d8fd_c.jpg

Email app coming to Vita 2.00

Improved content manager, connect wirelessly to PC and upload to online storage

1080p playback on videos, closed captioning. New browser update, upgraded rendering engine. Sounds like HTML5 improved

All the new FW info as well - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/13/playstation-plus-for-ps-vita-launch-details-confirmed/

Coming at no extra cost to Plus subscribers... yeah... no extra cost :woot:

Awesome lineup. I've been wanting to re-play Uncharted but already sold the cart, so this is a win for me. Already got Mutant Blobs, Gravity Rush and Wipeout, but looking forward to Jet Set Radio and FFT.

Definitely a pretty solid launch lineup for PS+ on Vita. While I already own UC: Golden Abyss and Mutant Blobs they're still both excellent games. Been on the fence for a while with Gravity Rush and almost picked it up a few weeks ago but held off because I wanted to see what they were doing with PS+. Timing worked perfectly, not to mention I'll be flying out the following day for Thanksgiving holidays so it'll be nice to have some new games to play while killing time at the airport/on the plane.

Yeah I do not have Mutant Blob, Uncharted, or Jet Set Radio myself, so really am digging this.

So I grabbed Uncharted, Jet Set Radio, and Mutant Blob, looking forward to checking all 3 out, especially Jet Set Radio.

I also have been thinking about doing a Spotify type subscription for awhile now, so I went ahead and got the Music Unlimited Full Premium 1 Year Subscription since it is only $12 for the year. I figure for a full year of Premium, that is a pretty damn good deal.

Truly already loving this new firmware, everything seems snappier, the browser is definitely much improved, and having + now on the Vita is huge for sure.

I think I am one of the only Vita owners out there who has not a single regret picking one up at launch, and I do truly enjoy it.

I'm not seeing anything for free. Perhaps tomorrow.

Right when I logged in there were 2 + banners, so they should hopefully show up for you soon. I was actually surprised to see them when I did, usually I do not see new stuff until later on at night on a Tuesday.

So I grabbed Uncharted, Jet Set Radio, and Mutant Blob, looking forward to checking all 3 out, especially Jet Set Radio.

I also have been thinking about doing a Spotify type subscription for awhile now, so I went ahead and got the Music Unlimited Full Premium 1 Year Subscription since it is only $12 for the year. I figure for a full year of Premium, that is a pretty damn good deal.

Truly already loving this new firmware, everything seems snappier, the browser is definitely much improved, and having + now on the Vita is huge for sure.

I think I am one of the only Vita owners out there who has not a single regret picking one up at launch, and I do truly enjoy it.

Definitely not regretting my Vita purchase. It's my go-to system for when I sit on the toilet. :laugh:

So I noticed the option under Settings on my Vita to enable Automatic Downloads since I am a + subscriber.

Will this interfere with that option on my PS3 if I enable it?

Or can both devices have that going?

So I noticed the option under Settings on my Vita to enable Automatic Downloads since I am a + subscriber.

Will this interfere with that option on my PS3 if I enable it?

Or can both devices have that going?

No, this auto-update is totally independant of the PS3 - just like the new PS+ cloud, 1gb per system...

However, to autoupload gamesaves to the cloud you have to set EACH and every title you wish to transfer automatically in the system's Content Manager.

At the moment, setting this seems to be buggy and the option doesn't save correctly. I guess there will be a new fw coming soon to fix these issues.

Moreover, this autoupdate doesn't work like the PS3 (due to the Vita's portability) - it only checks/updates when you are idle on the LiveArea and the system is NOT set to off. And finally, a notification is added to the log when an autoupdate task is completed.

PS - I too am pleased I bought my Vita 3G at launch especially since I got the preorder pack (EU only, I believe).

Right when I logged in there were 2 + banners, so they should hopefully show up for you soon. I was actually surprised to see them when I did, usually I do not see new stuff until later on at night on a Tuesday.

Showed up yesterday. Downloaded.

Kind of regret buying Uncharted and Gravity Rush now I just got them for free. I guess I can trade them in.

No, this auto-update is totally independant of the PS3 - just like the new PS+ cloud, 1gb per system...

However, to autoupload gamesaves to the cloud you have to set EACH and every title you wish to transfer automatically in the system's Content Manager.

At the moment, setting this seems to be buggy and the option doesn't save correctly. I guess there will be a new fw coming soon to fix these issues.

Moreover, this autoupdate doesn't work like the PS3 (due to the Vita's portability) - it only checks/updates when you are idle on the LiveArea and the system is NOT set to off. And finally, a notification is added to the log when an autoupdate task is completed.

PS - I too am pleased I bought my Vita 3G at launch especially since I got the preorder pack (EU only, I believe).

Nice, thanks for the reply, going to enable it now then.

That is definitely a bit of a pain with the auto saves. Is there an easy way to just say all games?

Showed up yesterday. Downloaded.

Kind of regret buying Uncharted and Gravity Rush now I just got them for free. I guess I can trade them in.

I never purchased Uncharted, so happy about that, but did purchase Gravity Rush. But honestly I did not expect them to do so many games once + for the Vita was announced, so more happy about the fact they seem to be doing a decent amount of games.

On a totally unrelated note, but not worthy of its own topic (yet at least) I purchase Sine Mora for the Vita last night. Holy hell, it is a brutally hard game. But visually awesome.

Nice, thanks for the reply, going to enable it now then.

That is definitely a bit of a pain with the auto saves. Is there an easy way to just say all games?

The easiest (and most reliable) way is manually, at this time. Just load Content Manager, goto Online Storage, PS Vita System > Online Storage (not vice-versa), tap Select All, then Copy. Should only take about 5 minutes (via WiFi) - but could be slower if you have saves like LBP (which is 70mb)...

Futher reading:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/savedata.html

Yeah I do not have Mutant Blob, Uncharted, or Jet Set Radio myself, so really am digging this.

Mutant Blob is a great game, played all the way through and it was well worth it, amusing and the puzzles are not that hard so it adds up to a nice flowing easy to play game.

The easiest (and most reliable) way is manually, at this time. Just load Content Manager, goto Online Storage, PS Vita System > Online Storage (not vice-versa), tap Select All, then Copy. Should only take about 5 minutes (via WiFi) - but could be slower if you have saves like LBP (which is 70mb)...

Futher reading:

http://manuals.plays...m/savedata.html

Last night, I was going NUTS after reading your first post. It took me a good 15 minutes to open up Content Manager on my own. :rofl:

I just thought it would be in settings or Application Data Management. I had only used Content Manager one time prior to copy over some movies, so I did not think about it for Save Games right away. Wish I had seen this sooner. Thanks. (Y)

So is it a bug that choosing Automatic Upload does not stay?

Mutant Blob is a great game, played all the way through and it was well worth it, amusing and the puzzles are not that hard so it adds up to a nice flowing easy to play game.

Seems very good so far. Got through the college levels and really digging it. (Y)

So is it a bug that choosing Automatic Upload does not stay?

I believe it is. No reason it should be required imho other than to keep the workload down for the Vita.

Like I said in previous posts, I guess there will be a new fw coming soon to fix these issues.

Afterall, it took several fw updates to get the PS3 autoupload to its current state, so I guess Vita will take some time too.

Finally, I'm guessing you never watched this:

Pleased SCEA seem to be making these videos regularly to showoff the new features.

I believe it is. No reason it should be required imho other than to keep the workload down for the Vita.

Like I said in previous posts, I guess there will be a new fw coming soon to fix these issues.

Afterall, it took several fw updates to get the PS3 autoupload to its current state, so I guess Vita will take some time too.

Finally, I'm guessing you never watched this:

Pleased SCEA seem to be making these videos regularly to showoff the new features.

Nice, did not see that video. That is sweet if they continue to do that with every firmware update. (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Sony have updated the Vita firmware to v2.01. Guess what it fixes? The autoupdate issues previously mentioned above... lol

Thanks for the heads-up.

Sony have updated the Vita firmware to v2.01. Guess what it fixes? The autoupdate issues previously mentioned above... lol

Nice, fired up the Vita literally 10 minutes ago before seeing this thread, just saw there was an update so installed it, but now I know what it was for. (Y)

Sadly it seems that my Travel Bug save hadn't uploaded automatically. Even though I did a backup to PS3 before wiping my card it seems that the backup is corrupt and I cannot get any of that information back. Hoping that most of my saves will be fairly up to date.