Fallout 3 Showing Windows Border In Fullscreen

Today while working I got a sudden urge to play Fallout 3 so when I got home I installed it but when I ran the game I noticed that it has a persistent windows border around the window even though I'm running it in full screen.

I have the Game Of The Year edition, the 1.7 patch installed and the HD texture pack, however I noticed the issue when I tested the vanilla installation of the game. Also I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit if that makes any different, does anyone have any idea how to remove the border? I can live with it but if it's a quick fix I'd much rather do it so that the game is more immersive.

438356889.png

ThunderBuddy, try resetting it from the game launcher. Click on Windowed mode, then launch the game. Then check in-game settings. Exit the game, launch the launcher again, go back into settings, uncheck Windowed mode. Save exit. Re-launch the came, see if that helps. It could be stuck.

Never mind, I alt+tabbed out to the desktop and then back into the game, it hung for a second and now it doesn't have the border. I suddenly realized that it might be asking for network access in the background... it wasn't but it has fixed it anyway :)

ThunderBuddy, try resetting it from the game launcher. Click on Windowed mode, then launch the game. Then check in-game settings. Exit the game, launch the launcher again, go back into settings, uncheck Windowed mode. Save exit. Re-launch the came, see if that helps. It could be stuck.

Thanks for the reply :)