Full Synopsis For "Enders Game" Released

pjd9hjzv.jpg

In the near future, a hostile alien race (called the Formics) have attacked Earth. If not for the legendary heroics of International Fleet Commander, Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley), all would have been lost. In preparation for the next attack, the highly esteemed Colonel Graff (Harrison Ford) and the International Military are training only the best young children to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy, but strategically brilliant boy is pulled out of his school to join the elite.

Arriving at Battle School, Ender quickly and easily masters increasingly difficult war games, distiguising himself and winning respect amongst his peers. Ender is soon ordained by Graff as the military's next great hope, resulting in his promotion to Command School. Once there, he's trained by Mazer Rackham, himself, to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

great book. probably a lousy movie. ...and guess what? the synopsis above gives the best part all away. fail.

WOW this movies is in the planing for years!

I loved the book, hope the movie will be good as well.

i844S2gpoK7BE.jpg

I realize this picture is 6 months old, but Harrison Ford doesn't look that ancient as he had in some recent movies. Gives me hope for his appearance in Episode 7.

Looks pretty good. I never heard of the book before, maybe I'll pick it up.

Edit: apparently it's a series of books...are they all good?

After the first book the story can get pretty strange, but still enjoyable. I haven't read them all but I have read the first three and enjoyed them. I just re-read the first book recently and will likely re-read it again before the movie.

I have read and own all the books. They are extremely engaging books. The first book makes you get a strong emotional attachment to the characters who end up going their separate ways after the original story. One of the books is actually the same story of the first book but from the perspective of another character instead of Ender. Adds a whole other layer to it. Read the first book. If you enjoy it, read the next ones. If you don't, don't bother because the rest won't be as interesting to you.

great book. probably a lousy movie. ...and guess what? the synopsis above gives the best part all away. fail.

Except it doesn't. The major twist of it all it all isn't even in this story and the biggest twist from the first story isn't in the synopsis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Over the past week I quickly re-read Enders Game and Enders Shadow. The movie is going to use both books together since using just Enders Game on it's own wouldn't make for a good movie really.

Having read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow numerous times, I REALLY hope they don't mess this up. From what I'm seeing so far, it looks OK...

Having read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow numerous times, I REALLY hope they don't mess this up. From what I'm seeing so far, it looks OK...

I wonder how much they will leave out. Ender's side of the story is very big on its own, not to mention Bean's. I will reread them just before the movie comes out.