Man Accused of Selling Horse Meat for Human Consumption

you referring to this guy? gross video btw. :ninja:

Ha urgh, yeah pretty nasty video and yeah that's the sort of guy i'm talking about. The 'Vegan or die!' types.

Each to their own i say!

I'd rather eat what I'm supposed to instead of taking a bunch of supplement pills, it's natural.

I'm the top of the food chain, the other animals, they exist to feed me or feed my food.

That statement is ridiculous. People have eaten an ridden horses for thousands of years. No one is saying you have to eat cow. No one is saying you have to eat horse. You must intake something.

I certainly wouldn't. You need a nice balance of all food stuffs to keep the body in working order and if part of a Cows diet was meat, they wouldn't think twice before taking a bite out of you.

Sadly, as with any alternative thinking, Vegetarianism/Veganism (read: pescatarians) suffers from it's die hard fan boys who, instead of quietly getting on with their choice of diet, feel the need to shout it from the roof tops and force us all 'to believe' it's the only right way both for health reasons and ethical reasons. Both utter crap imho.

P.S. Horse meat, while not terrible, isn't something i'd like to consume to much. It's a lot like a darker beef and a bit tougher.

There was a Norwegian restaurant on the Norwegian version of Kitchen Nightmares, which served horse beef, which the fixer up chef suggested they market more and keep on with, as it made them stand out, and it was supposedly excellent meat, far more tender than Ox(even if most Ox in the store entered the slaughterhouse as cows before they magically turned into more expensive Ox....).

So I'm not sure it's correct that it's tougher, I guess it depends on how the horse has been treated and fed and brought up. a riding horse probably isn't as tender, but I dunno.

That statement is ridiculous. People have eaten an ridden horses for thousands of years. No one is saying you have to eat cow. No one is saying you have to eat horse. You must intake something.

I never said I was against eating horse, that was in reference to not eating meat.