Asus 9800XT Problems(?)

This may be off base but...I have a 9800pro and I have noticed that if I have anything running on my desktop such as a clock with a moving second hand or anything else at all that moves, when I play games they are all choppy and lag really bad. If you have anything like that, try closing it and see if that helps.

man, you have a fairly good machine already, it needs a better graphics card even if you do upgrade to the 3.2 P4.

i'd say keep the tx dont loose any money, then svae up for a new board and processor........ do what leebops said and it wont even cost you that much.

*nods*

I dont want to overclock it though ;).

Ill get this and save up ?150-250 for after xmas and see what happens with videocards around new year time.

Thanks for all the help guys (and girls... if anyone did post in here:pp)

anyway. taking my pc to my oem builder (cant do it myself becuase it would invalidate the on-site warrantry etc etc with them which my dad bought lol) tomorrow and getting a 3.2 c and 2x512 DDR400 :))

Edited by hypoxiaicon

Dear Sir

Further to your email upon closer inspection of the card we can not restock

it due to a very large screw mark where the card was fitted, with these

signs of use we can not restock it.

Regards

I just spent ?445 on a 3.2 and 1gb of ram becuase i thought i was going to to get ?355 back from the car:|:|

ummm what happens now?

****ing crazy! last time i buy from them for ****s sake! what you think will happen? they send me it back? and i either keep it and save up for 9 weeks to pay my new pc upgrade... or like sell it or something.. grrr im so annoyed.

What do you think they will do since they are not going to restock it?

If they send me it back then ill have to save up for 9 weeks to pay for my upgrade (not to bad i guess)

Edited by hypoxiaicon

Dear Sir

Further to your email upon closer inspection of the card we can not restock

it due to a very large screw mark where the card was fitted, with these

signs of use we can not restock it.

Regards

I just spent ?445 on a 3.2 and 1gb of ram becuase i thought i was going to to get ?355 back from the car:|:|

ummm what happens now?

.... were you not messing with the card when you stripped your machine down? https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...l=pliers&st=150

Maybe this is how the screwmark appeared? and how long did you have the card for since it arrived? You can see their point though they dont want to restock a 2nd hand card now do they, or that new customer will complain to them thinking the card has been damaged after seing the scratch.

Returns Policy

Overclockers UK's return policy allows us to provide the very highest standards of service in a simple and easy to understand way. If you feel sure that a product is faulty, please ensure that the problem does not lie elsewhere in your system. If you still feel you have a faulty product please follow this procedure.

1  All returns must have a valid Return Merchandise Authorisation number (RMA). All returns must be received within 14 days of the RMA issue date. It will take between 7 and 10 days to process your return, but we will do our best to reduce this time.

2  Returned items must be in original packaging, with all original boxes, packing materials, manuals, blank warranty cards, all other accessories however small and documentation provided by the manufacturer.

3  RMA's are issued for specific products only. Please do not send other items not covered by the RMA such as full systems.

4  We strongly recommend the package you are returning is fully insured . We suggest you use a service that can provide ? proof of delivery?. Overclockers UK will not be liable for items lost or damaged in transit.

5  All shipping back to Overclockers UK is paid for by the customer. Please ensure the return has your RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the package next to our address.

6  Any RMA returned found to be modified, altered, tampered with or not to be defective will incur a ?20 +VAT testing charge plus return shipping costs. This will be charged to the credit or debit card used on your order and must be payed before the product is returned to you.

7  Any returned packages that do not clearly display a valid RMA number will be refused, as will packages received over 14 days from RMA issue date.

8  Most Non-Clearance Lines items may only be returned within 28 days of your product?s shipping date. After 28 days, all returns must be returned to the manufacturer. Overclockers UK may, at it's complete discretion accept returns after 28 days of of your product?s shipping date, but never after 12 months.

9  All Clearance Lines products may be returned only when defective and within 14 days of the ship date of the product.

10  Software that has been opened and is not defective can not be returned under any circumstance.

11  Should you wish us to take back an unused product complete with undamaged original packaging a 15% restocking fee will apply.

I cant remember how long warranties last on their stuff, or it depends on the parts you buy.

Besides you should really have researched the hardware before you purchased or just kept the card and buy the rest of the hardware when you can afford it. You cant just bluff these guys from what it appears... you have not built a full system before "i'll get this, i'll get that no what you think..." you should have been researching hardware sites and you would have known what to get plus still would not be here this day with this problem. How long had you waited for that ASUS card since start/mid October... look how long this problem has been going on O_o

I did research the card, i read many reviews all saying its the best 9800XT is the ASUS. One thing they all failed to mention is that you HAVE to have a top spec pc to see the cards full potential.

The screw mark is barly noticible. Plus it took them over a week to tell me that they couldnt restock it after inspecting the card. Come on... apart from a tiny inprint of screw that card is fine. they would of sold it for full price no doubt. they COULD of still restocked in 2nds and sell it for ?355 its still ?60 cheaper and all it is a tiny screw mark.

ANYWAY. never mind.

I'm not fussed. They can send me it back... i got a top spec system now (just gotta umm save up for 9 weeks lol)

Recon they would send me a Sapphire Card back instead of my Asus?

a screw mark? i'm assuming on the metal part that attaches it to the case? theres no need to tighten the screw that much mate.. sometimes its not good because it could lift the card out of the slot ever so slightly and cause problems without you knowing it. ease up on that screw in the future :)

a screw mark? i'm assuming on the metal part that attaches it to the case? theres no need to tighten the screw that much mate.. sometimes its not good because it could lift the card out of the slot ever so slightly and cause problems without you knowing it. ease up on that screw in the future :)

It wasnt tight though.. it was lightly screwed in till it started to resisit.. you could undo it with your hands thats how un tight it was :|

I got an email, they are sending it back, no idea when and ill probably be charged ?8.25-50 for delivery lol... oh well.. ill keep it and sell some stuff

Pentium 4 2.4B

1x512MB Nanya Tech. DDR266

Panasonic Floppy Drive

Samsung 52x CD-ROM Drive