Your main desktop operating system for 2013

397 members have voted

1. 1. Which is going to be your main desktop OS for 2013?

• Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Windows Server
    • A Windows version older than XP
    • Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
    • Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
    • Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
    • Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    • A Mac OS X version older than Leopard
    • Ubuntu
    • Linux Mint
    • Debian GNU/Linux
    • Fedora
    • Other Linux distribution
    • FreeBSD
    • Solaris
    • OS/2
    • Other (details below)

I think there needs to be an option "Windows 8 : Only because i'm in the computer repair business other wise I would be running windows 7"

I agree! :woot:

-

I don't hate Windows 8 now that I have my useful start menu back - it's somewhat fast and has some new features that I like. I adapt very well to change, I've been playing around with Windows since 3.1.1 and have changed with every OS but the whole Metro UI thing is geared towards Touch and Tablets - neither of which i use or deploy in the field. I know people say it's just as easy to just hit a corner and do the same thing as you would with the start menu except that the stupid corners engaged every time I didn't want them to and never when I did.

If Microsoft would have just made the Metro UI optional they would have gathered a lot of "us" back into their pockets.

That's too bad Growled. Windows 8 is better than 7.

I'm dual booting 7 and 8 on both PC. But I don't see using 7 anymore....

That's too bad Growled. Windows 8 is better than 7.

I'm dual booting 7 and 8 on both PC. But I don't see using 7 anymore....

I don't care to use third party hacks to get my OS to where I want it to be. 7 does all I need.

• Like 2

I don't care to use third party hacks to get my OS to where I want it to be. 7 does all I need.

True, I don't care to pay for any. I use one that gives me the start menu but I really don't need it. 8 just works better. That's cool. Nothing wrong with Win7. I was staunchly not going to switch but tried the upgrade @ 15.00 and got over the parts I don't like for those I do.

Keep rocking your Win7 (Y)

Starting the New Year ill be on Windows 8, i have no issues with it and how it works. But within a couple of months ill be on OS X. Looking at Macbook Air or Macbook Pro ret with 27" Thunderblot screen.

have 7 on my main comp .. bought a laptop with 8 and so confused every single time ... metro is half baked and confusing as ... well a lot of things ... will keep the 8 because I like other features otherwise would have downgraded to 7

It's always a public poll... sigh!

Hard to say what it'll be. I might change in 6 months :p

It's not asking you for like your biggest sin committed or anything.

What's the hangup?

Glassed Silver:mac

It's not asking you for like your biggest sin committed or anything.

What's the hangup?

Glassed Silver:mac

Maybe his biggest sin is admitting he uses Win8 lol? :rolleyes: :laugh:

• Like 1

Windows 8 Pro for me, since I have yet to encounter a reason to rollback I'll stick with it.

Maybe his biggest sin is admitting he uses Win8 lol? :rolleyes: :laugh:

If that is the case, he might be the only person here who can get in to heaven. I know I'll be bribing the doorman.

• Like 1

windows 8 is so much better then Windows 7 everything from boot time to Games is sooooo soo much better in windows 8

I gave my windows 7 disc and key to a friend never looked back not once ,

I cant run windows 7 now that i know its OLD and outdated and is only going to get a hand full of updates if that anymore.

windows 8 all the way.

99.98% of the other time i use IOS on my Ipad4 with logitech keyboard

windows 8 is so much better then Windows 7 everything from boot time to Games is sooooo soo much better in windows 8

I gave my windows 7 disc and key to a friend never looked back not once ,

I cant run windows 7 now that i know its OLD and outdated and is only going to get a hand full of updates if that anymore.

windows 8 all the way.

99.98% of the other time i use IOS on my Ipad4 with logitech keyboard

3866chum_2.gif

8. I only use the desktop of 8 unless I need to get to the control panel

Understandable. One needs Win7 for anything other than the desktop :devil: :p

Windows 8. With StartIsBack it's basically Windows 7 with half the boot time and a greatly improved desktop UI.

Half the boot time? lol, no, I don't think so. That is now pushing this nonsense a little much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo