Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

So if anybody finds themselves near my neck of the woods, I've built a simple furnace/hopper mechanism in my shack for anybody to use.  If you use it, please put some coal or wood or something back in it so I and others can continue to use it.  ANYWAY, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

To use it just deposit your fuel into the side hopper and deposit the thing you wish to smelt or cook into the top hopper.  When it's done, the resulting item(s) will be placed in the chest that is underneath the furnace.  I'm not sure if there's something like this already in the spawn area or not, but I built it out here for myself and if you come across it and would like to use it, go ahead.

The shack is currently being expanded on, but I'll probably leave the structure in this spot and venture forth into other areas as the need arises.  There's an interesting looking mountain nearby I may pay a visit to, or I may just start burrowing right outside my door, :p

2016-04-06_21.48.55.png

2016-04-06_21.49.01.png

What mods is the server running that gives users the /back and /sethome commands?

4 hours ago, Gerowen said:

What mods is the server running that gives users the /back and /sethome commands?

Spigot, with the Essentials plug-in.

7 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

Spigot, with the Essentials plug-in.

Thanks, :-)

I'm done for the night, I have to go to work tomorow.  I've played Minecraft on the Neowin server for something like 6 hours now, lol.  My time though, has been quite productive, and I've got lots more work to do in the dungeon I managed to find, here's some screenshots, :-)

2016-04-07_01.36.06.png

2016-04-07_02.26.09.png

By the way, I just thought I'd let you guys know that apparently there's a dungeon under the starting area, :p There was some sort of a hiccup in the starting area and the ground disappeared (although I could still walk on it) and here's what I saw under my feet.  Somebody has apparently cleared it, I see all kinds of torches in it, but still interesting.

2016-04-06_19.42.10.png

On 4/16/2016 at 6:37 AM, Ned said:

Is the server up?

I haven't had any issues connecting to it over the weekend. There might be a brief downtime tonight European time - I want to check if there are any updates for Spigot and the plug-ins we use.

On 4/16/2016 at 0:37 AM, Ned said:

Is the server up?

I've noticed that sometimes in the world list on my client it might say something like "cannot connect", but when I click on it to enter it connects just fine.

Just made my first map, and I've noticed it gets automagically filled in.  Just out of curiosity, do I still have to make a new map for each "map" of the world I move into, or will this one work since the map is already filled in?

2016-04-22_22.59.24.png

16 hours ago, freshform said:

Any chance I could be added to the whitelist i am dan2406

I didn't see your request yesterday, sorry. Going to whitelist you later today, when I'm home from work.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, illumination said:

There is a spigot plugin to handle this: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/single-player-sleep.20173/

Perhaps we can install that when the server is upgraded?

I'll keep it in mind.

Note: The server upgrade depends on how quickly Spigot is updated. Chances are Spigot 1.9.4 will be out by the time I get home in roughly six hours.

• Like 1