Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Least we can get started with a new world and when the plugins are released add them later??? think all the admins are dead lol, Any admin reply?

I found a nice seed with plenty of ocean to explore by spawn. (warm to the east and cold to the west)

Servers going down anyway for an update soon, so i'll switch the world to 1.13 for the weekend and if people don't object maybe it stays up. ? 

• Like 2

Its set up, you're free to explore.  :D I even pre-generated some chunks around spawn to help with the initial exploring lag

Great. I am still on here and there, but I think at a different time zone when others are on. Really want to build a close filled up little town like we used to have. i like the old style, vs modern looking cities. 

@Magoo

I wasn't even gonna attempt the logo ? you did a good job

59 minutes ago, puma1 said:

Great. I am still on here and there, but I think at a different time zone when others are on. Really want to build a close filled up little town like we used to have. i like the old style, vs modern looking cities. 

3 of the directions lead to bridges that will take you over the new beautiful oceans so theres a good chance we'll be building our initial homes along the road south as that's where the more favourable terrain is. :) 

Them phantoms are buggers, are you going to put some animals in spawn and food supply's?, e.g weight, potatoes, carrots etc

The plots are free to be filled as people find the crops ? I wasn't planning on animals but maybe I could fit a small pen somewhere 

I have a few crops ill plant some, as for the animals put them in the spawn bit between the places were the crops would grow

I noticed that items remain "live" for some time. I died a ways off and over a day later I randomly passed by where I had died, and all my gear was there floating in the ocean at teh spot where I died. I was very happy to get it all back. 

its possible that if you were out of the chunk and it unloaded before everything dissapeared when you reloaded the chunk by going back in to it then your items could potentially still be there

1 hour ago, Magoo said:

its possible that if you were out of the chunk and it unloaded before everything dissapeared when you reloaded the chunk by going back in to it then your items could potentially still be there

Yep, the chunk was unloaded so the timer didn't countdown.  The floating items are new to 1.13 though.

1 minute ago, puma1 said:

Anyone know if the iOS version of Minecraft can connect to the neowin server?

no the mobile version is different from the desktop version of Minecraft; it's closer in line to the console versions

The phantoms should only appear if you haven't slept in a bed in 3 days. try and sleep more often if they become too annoying. ? 

24 minutes ago, puma1 said:

I am getting can't connect to server.

Server was taken down because 1.13.1 came out today, its up and working now :)