Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

56 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

Ah ok, is that something I have to install client side?  I've never had to install anything client side to connect to it before.

You have to install the crackpack to access the new world now as the server contains thousands of items/blocks that aren't in vanilla.

I use Curse as its designed to be the simple,  once logged in you can:  Click the Creeper Head on the left side > Browse all modpacks > find "FTB Presents Crackpack" near the top > Install > Click the Creeper Head once more and it will show you the modpack we use > play :D (be patient it takes a few minutes).

It may seem overwhelming with you being new to modded minecraft but once you get the basics there's loads of different ways to play. :)

41 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

You have to install the crackpack to access the new world now as the server contains thousands of items/blocks that aren't in vanilla.

I use Curse as its designed to be the simple,  once logged in you can:  Click the Creeper Head on the left side > Browse all modpacks > find "FTB Presents Crackpack" near the top > Install > Click the Creeper Head once more and it will show you the modpack we use > play :D (be patient it takes a few minutes).

It may seem overwhelming with you being new to modded minecraft but once you get the basics there's loads of different ways to play. :)

That's awesome.  It's been a day or two since I did any PC gaming because my old PCs just weren't up to the task.  Vanilla Minecraft running at 15 frames per second on the high end and single digits when it rained was just bad.  I did manage to get a little house built and even have a little hidden chest with all my diamond and redstone and good stuff, but I got killed once by a skeleton or something because of frame drops and just quit playing until I got a new PC.  Finally went out and got a new PC at Wal-Mart the other day and it feels weird seeing Minecraft holding 60 fps when it's raining and actually being able to play some last gen games on Ultra settings at 60+fps, :p  I used Curse way back in the day to mod World of Warcraft.  Ah it feels good to be back on PC again, :-)

One other question since I've never modded Minecraft specifically.  If I install a mod in order to use the Neowin server, will I still be able to connect to our private/family Minecraft server without uninstalling the mod?

16 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

One other question since I've never modded Minecraft specifically.  If I install a mod in order to use the Neowin server, will I still be able to connect to our private/family Minecraft server without uninstalling the mod?

It wont touch your existing Minecraft installation at all, It will install its own instance that you launch from Curse. :)

7 hours ago, MineMasterHD said:

I'd love to be added! My username is MineMasterHD.

Sorry, but we're wary of adding one post wonders after bad experiences in the past...

ok i need a nuther friend wight listed he was befor but he lost his acount and has a new one

username- potatohonor

pleas and thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get back on, but work has been kicking my butt all week. Maybe tomorrow (Tuesday) or Thursday.

Its possible that the server needs its ram increased or maybe there is a castle dungeon near by. i just finished clearing one out and there were a huge ammount of spawners and mobs in this thing. It was almost to the point of a mosh pit with zombies and skellys.

I've rebooted the server earlier. As for increasing the number of homes - I'm stumped on that one.

From what I saw there's no essentials installed and another mod provides the feature and there's a lot of configs for all theses mods. :P

Will probably be quicker for you guys to craft Recall Stones, they instantly teleport you to where they are bound and can be charged by ender pearls.

ah okay plugins on a modded server can be a big pain in the butt and i know first hand how hard it can be to make them all work right

so thare my be lag do to the facked i tryed to kill a cayos dragon and cant so ya it is at rufly x0 z10000 was trying to get a dragon egg

I'm sure it'll settle once that area is unloaded :p

I forgot I killed the normal dragon, I meant to go find a chaos dragon but I couldn't be bothered to chase a harder dragon with my sword. :laugh: 

OK, I found that there is a Reddit thread for Crackedpack support so I asked there:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crackpack/comments/50jw8k/configure_home_command/

Which lead me to:

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/ftb-utilities

I couldn't see anything there which directly mentions the homes, but supposedly it's configured in local/ftbu/config.json so if @Frank B. or @Louisifer could poke around there you can probably find the setting for the number of homes. 

I also noticed that there is a setting to periodically restart the server to keep it healthy and memory leak free. Might be worth looking into that and have the server restart every few days maybe?

I set home count to 4, I didn't set a restart timer this time due to there being no notes in the json. it could use seconds/minutes/hours. :iiam: