Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

• 3 weeks later...

looks like its on the pack it was on. if any one wants to play vanilla i have it on a server with only a few plugins, there are quite some people on there but they are a good comunity

how many are playing on the current server?

personally I do not care for CrackPack and it seems some others agree as well.

I put together a good pack on 1.10.2 that has some good mods but is still low end friendly that we could try but no one really responded much.

Maybe we should put something to a vote? I'm not sure how active the server is right now and how many like it as it is currently.

I don't have a lot of time to play Minecraft these days. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what you want. As for setting it up, you can always ping @Louisifer - he has the necessary permissions as well. 

I have little play time available now, so I've not been on much. If the server is going to be flattened and redone again then I have no incentive to play again for a while.

^

I'd prefer something closer to vanilla. I played on the server a bit - with the "Crackpack" but felt overwhelmed by all the items, tools, and blocks.

• Like 1

Suggestion: I can create a new 1.11.2 survival world later so that there is a server running until you have made up your minds as to how to proceed.

Yes/no/maybe? Objections? 

• Like 1

Well me and my daughter ain't played on the sever for awhile, but i do agree the lag can be bad and some of the mods installed in crackpack are pretty useless and pointless, im up for a server reset with Brandon H's Pack.

Like he said it will be more stable, will get updated and be running latest Minecraft.

I say RESET baby!!!!! 

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/neowincraft.935039 for the Win :)

AS for creating a 1.11.2 survival world for the time being, will be pretty pointless, just install brandon's pack see how it goes :)

Ok then.

@Brandon H: any hints as to how to set up server and client? I see the server is simply a .zip file, so I assume you unpack it and run a .bat file. I'm at work for another 2.5 hours and can't do anything until then.

1 hour ago, Frank B. said:

Ok then.

@Brandon H: any hints as to how to set up server and client? I see the server is simply a .zip file, so I assume you unpack it and run a .bat file. I'm at work for another 2.5 hours and can't do anything until then.

yeah the server is as expected (has sponge so it has many commands you're used to from bukkit)

the modpack is through TechnicLauncher. it's hidden so throw in the link from the "download pack" button into the launcher search bar and it will come right up :)

I've switched us over to the technic pack so you guys can try it out, seems like a nice area to start in. The /help command is about as helpful as a sponge in a lava pit. :| 

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Is Curse still required to play with the new pack? Or do I need another manager to download and play?

this pack was created using the Technic Launcher

@Louisifer is the whitelist still present on the server? if so can you make sure I am whitelisted? i'll probably be on when i get off work :) (Minecraft ID: Brando212)

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Is Curse still required to play with the new pack? Or do I need another manager to download and play?

technic pack now :p follow the link Nuculi posted above you to get it.

1 minute ago, Brandon H said:

this pack was created using the Technic Launcher

@Louisifer is the whitelist still present on the server? if so can you make sure I am whitelisted? i'll probably be on when i get off work :) (Minecraft ID: Brando212)

we always copy the most recent whitelist over, you are good to go. :) 

Every time I press play in the technic launcher, it loads the mods through minecraft and stops responding.  :(

1 minute ago, Tjarboe said:

Every time I press play in the technic launcher, it loads the mods through minecraft and stops responding.  :(

+1, glad it's not just me.

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

+1, glad it's not just me.

odd. anything show in the console if you unhide it before launching? if there's a problem mod I can see if there's an update or just remove it :)

Make sure you're both on Java 8 as well and you will want to allow Technic Launcher to use at least 3 or 4gbs of ram (leaving the default at 1gb does sometimes crash on launch i noticed and not just with my pack, but upping to at least 3gb runs stable)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

odd. anything show in the console if you unhide it before launching? if there's a problem mod I can see if there's an update or just remove it :)

Make sure you're both on Java 8 as well and you will want to allow Technic Launcher to use at least 3 or 4gbs of ram (leaving the gbdefault 1gig does sometimes crash on launch i noticed not just with my pack but upping to at least 3gb runs stable)

I have Java 8, but only 32bit installed.

Got it working by installing 64bit and upping the ram to 3GB (Y)

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I have Java 8, but only 32bit installed.

Got it working by installing 64bit and upping the ram to 3GB (Y)

yeah it's hard to run modpacks on a 32bit anymore because even light mods tend to eat up ram (pains/downsides of java)

1 hour ago, Magoo said:

what about those old world downloads?

Most worlds exist except world 3 (the one with a fort at spawn) I can look into hosting some of the older ones on the weekend

• Like 1