Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

when the map is reset can we get the ability to lock ower chest agen pleas?

We could do that. Seeing how the next world is survival only it's a necessity.

Just read on reddit that today's snapshot introduces stained glass. Nice move - this brings a whole lot of new building options. Cathedral with stained glass windows as community project, anyone?

We could do that. Seeing how the next world is survival only it's a necessity.

Just read on reddit that today's snapshot introduces stained glass. Nice move - this brings a whole lot of new building options. Cathedral with stained glass windows as community project, anyone?

Any idea when 1.7 will be out?

Any idea when 1.7 will be out?

Mojang have yet to announce a release date. I can imagine 1.7 to be a Halloween update though.

Ok my addiction to Minecraft has been flaring up lately lol

Can I get whitelisted? 

name: Undead_Steve

Ok my addiction to Minecraft has been flaring up lately lol

Can I get whitelisted? 

name: Undead_Steve

Whitelisted.

so i found out that in the nether if u jump in the lava and diy then us the /back it will put you on top of the nether.

i dont know if this is cool to eny one els but i thot i wood let every one know

it would make since for them to release it if they could during Minecon, they have released a patch each time so far. why change now.

Suggestion for a reset roadmap:

As soon as the final pre-release of 1.7 - usually identical with the release - is out, the current world is taken offline. If there's a demand we can figure out where to store the map backup for download.

A new server is launched with the pre-release, where selected ops will build a new spawn in creative, make sure that all necessary plugins and server configs are set up.

Upon release day the server is switched to survival and the whitelisting process begins again. I'll make sure to whitelist known players right from the start.

Any alternative suggestions? Comments?

As soon as the final pre-release of 1.7 - usually identical with the release - is out, the current world is taken offline. If there's a demand we can figure out where to store the map backup for download.

A new server is launched with the pre-release, where selected ops will build a new spawn in creative, make sure that all necessary plugins and server configs are set up.

Upon release day the server is switched to survival and the whitelisting process begins again. I'll make sure to whitelist known players right from the start.

This sounds good to me. 

Perhaps have a ruleset for the spawn for the ops to build to. I think it was discussed before.

As it is going to be true survival the spawn shouldn't be this massive city to begin with.

Perhaps a few houses, more of a protected area, chest/s with a getting started kit... similar to the bonus chest in single player.

Then let users go off and build their own thing. Things like food dispensers, farms, etc will need to be built by users in survival.

Hopefully this will encourage users to build the spawn and bigger projects as a community.

Other things i liked the sound of was enabling PvP. I think that would be interesting but i also think we'd need more security for chests and home bases.

I liked Crisp's idea in the poll thread. A plane crash in the jungle and that is it. You spawn there and you have to survive. It would be like Lost.

• Like 2

rather than chests you can use an addin or whatnot just to be nice to folks and when you create a character for the first time on the server you are given a set of wooden tools or something, just to get started and be nice, and at the spawn we can have a wheat farm or something so that people dont starve at first.

I liked Crisp's idea in the poll thread. A plane crash in the jungle and that is it. You spawn there and you have to survive. It would be like Lost.

(Y)

Putting in houses and hotels defeats the objective of survival.

Works for me. Keep the spawn simple, but safe. Maybe have a farm with a variety of crops etc, and a crafting area, and a couple of basic shelters. Plus a Nether portal. ;) In fact you could almost base it off a naturally spawning village.

I have a lot of spare time on my hands right now so I'd like to volunteer to help out with the initial build. 

The thing is now for anyone new.. like Neutrino said.. if they have a set of wooden tools, I think that is enough. At night it does not take anything to dig yourself into the ground for safety. Pop out 4 blocks and replace one, and you are safe.

Perhaps a small compass with the spawn point in its centre, a small farm providing some food for the start, and free space for community builds. Surrounded by a fortress wall 100 blocks away from spawn. No housing at spawn, leave it up to players to build their homes outside of the fortress.

Perhaps a small compass with the spawn point in its centre, a small farm providing some food for the start, and free space for community builds. Surrounded by a fortress wall 100 blocks away from spawn. No housing at spawn, leave it up to players to build their homes outside of the fortress.

yes i say a Compass, a wall, and just light up the spawn to make it safe, beyond that, its up to the folks living there to make it into something amazing.

On another notice: How about I switch the current world to creative as the reset nears, for a final hurrah of huge builds? Just a suggestion.