Best Buy's Delivery Service is a Total Disaster

A lady friend of mine went to the Best Buy in Daytona Beach to buy $2,800 worth of stuff. A 55 inch LG TV, a TV stand worth $300.00 and other stuff. Anyways, they told her they would deliver it for her for free today and they did. When the TV stand arrived, it arrived damaged. All scratched up and not in very good condition. She then told the delivery people about the scratches and they, very rudely, said to her:

"Well, what do you want us to do about it? Take it back?"

She then proceeded to call the assistant manager at the store and this guy told her:

"Well we don't have another stand like that one but we do have another one in the back that is damaged. We can take the good parts out of that one and put them on yours."

Seriously? This is the answer a customer gets after spending $2,000+ dollars at your store and an extra $169.00 to have the stuff assembled? Are you F-ing kidding me?

That is ridiculous and unacceptable in my book. So anyways, I told her to call the other manager at the store and he told her that he would see to it that she gets another one in perfect condition. The only problem is:

He never asked her for her name, address, etc? So how is he going to make that happen? I told her, they are not going to do anything.

The delivery people told her: "It's nothing a little paint can't fix." - Again, seriously? What is the matter with these people? No wonder their company is going down the drain.

That's unacceptable but what are you going to do? There's no one to complain to. Best Buy is a joke, as your friend found out the hard way.

Well I have a friend that works there and he has been there for 10 years and knows the manager very well and he promised me he would take care of it tomorrow. We shall see. If nothing is done then she is going to call her lawyer and probably return everything, get her money back and sue their asses.

Sounds like a story worth adding to http://www.ihatebestbuy.com

I would have refused to accept the delivery once I saw scratches. Past that I'd be at the store again with the TV stand (if delivery wouldn't bring it back...), I'd be on the phone with the local TV station, and I would be on the phone with my credit card company to see what they cover.

It's a "lemon". There are laws to protect consumers against those. Granted, putting parts from one stand to another is a solution, but the customer gets to accept or reject the final product.

Id call head office and make a complaint against the assistant manager and manager for trying to fob me off for something i wanted as new, id also say id want another sending to me as they no doubt had another one in another store and seeing as id paid for it to be assembled thats how i would want it and when they delivered it they could ick up that piece of **** they sold me lol

But then im just thinking out load and know it does not always work like that im in the uk but normally do ok with complaints. Though saying that im dissapointed with a sports manufacturer for not getting back to me pair of trainers for casual use should last longer than 6months.

If nothing is done then she is going to call her lawyer and probably return everything, get her money back and sue their asses.

I'm sorry this happened, but return the stuff to get her money back AND call her lawyer to sue them? Are you kidding me? Whatever.

She should have refused the delivery. That would have saved a lot of headaches. I never accept a "signature required" delivery without examining the content first, regardless of the merchant. The Fed Ex or UPS guy or gal can wait 2 minutes.

People need to be aware of and exercise their rights as a consumer.

When the delivery people said, "Well, what do you want us to do about it? Take it back?", the correct response would have been, "Yes".

• Like 3

Should have warned her before wasting that much money, BB is just horrible and the only people that go there get ripped off, hell I can go to my local BJs and get better prices than BB's so called sales for the same items

She should have refused the delivery. That would have saved a lot of headaches. I never accept a "signature required" delivery without examining the content first, regardless of the merchant. The Fed Ex or UPS guy or gal can wait 2 minutes.

People need to be aware of and exercise their rights as a consumer.

When the delivery people said, "Well, what do you want us to do about it? Take it back?", the correct response would have been, "Yes".

She refused to sign the delivery papers but I do agree, she should have told them to take it back. Anyways, she called me just now and told me she went to the store and raised hell to the manager and they sent her a new one. She also reported them to corporate and they were not very pleased with what they heard about that store and their management.

Eh, I've been shopping at the same Best Buy for as long as I can remember and not once have I had a problem with them. But then again people have different expectations.

If that scenario would of played out for me; I would of just outright declined to accept the damaged merchandise. I would of then contacted the store I purchased it from and I would of specifically asked for a new replacement; shipped from somewhere else if need be. Problem solved.

I'm pretty flexible when a problem is out of people's control and they're genuinely concerned, which it seems like the delivery guys were not. I'm guessing the manager thought he was being accommodating by offering to replace the broken parts with another piece of broken merchandise. Again; I would of declined the offer and would of asked for a complete replacement.

I understand that during this time of year; they're stressed and a bit overworked so I'm a bit more flexible than usual but never to the point of sacrificing what I need or want.