Mesh going away - need alternative for my case

Hi,

I hope you guy's can help me out.

I'm using Mesh in my small business to share our files accross the 4 people owning the business. I do this by sharing 1 folder of my mesh with them. This works great for what we need but I haven't found an alternative that does the same. Skydrive lets you share a folder but you can't sync it localy.

Since I could not find a real alternative I am thinking of overhauling the way we work. Let me explain a bit and hoefully someone has the solution :-)

Basically we are 4 freelancers sitting on the far end of the country at our custumors location and we do not share an office space. We all have high speed internet connection. We also already have 2 qnap NAS devices on 2 locations who sync automatically. We have about 4GB of files that needs syncing.

Any idea what to use instead? Paid alternatives are no problem. I just want something reliable, fast and what does the trick...

Frank

Hi all,

Thnx for the suggestions. Skydrive etc don't allow me to locally sync a shared folder. So I can't use them for 4 people. I think Dropbox team is what I'm after but for the 66EUR/month I can have other services that give us access to my 4tb nas drive (fixed IP etc) so I'm holding iff on that one.

Any other suggestions?

Kind regards,

Frank

Well if you don't need/want the team aspect - what you want could be done with 1 dropbox account shared. Free you get 2GB, you could bump that up for free just using your current players and sending out referrals - that would get you 500MB more each - so with 4 other people not counting you. Your up to 4GB. Not counting the misc space you can get for the other things like send a tweet, like on FB, etc. etc.. This would put you over your 4GB requirement for nothing.

Or you could always just pay for single account which is a LOT cheaper. $99 a year for 100GB

You could then just all use the same account on each machine - they could pick the folders they want local on their machine(s), etc.

Well, the solution was easy in the end... We are using office 365 so we have a sharepoint site. I've configured it to work with Skydrive pro and that does the trick.