Darts Thread

Like most sports, I don't get any enjoyment from watching. Give me a set of darts in the pub though and I'm ready to go! Although granted, I have nowhere near the skill that these guys have.

Like most sports, I don't get any enjoyment from watching. Give me a set of darts in the pub though and I'm ready to go! Although granted, I have nowhere near the skill that these guys have.

Bit of a stretch calling darts a sport in my eyes. Same with snooker and other such games.

Thanks for linking that 9-darter, Rappy. Missed that earlier. Dear god, MVG was so close to two 9-darters in a row! :o

nice! we need a poker thread ASAP! :D

Go for it :p I see it as Darts is on Sky SPORTS and in my eyes its a sport but yes its a past time but still a sport if only a minor one, like Snooker or Pool or Fishing all past times but still a sport.

Bit of a stretch calling darts a sport in my eyes. Same with snooker and other such games.

Like it or not, it is categorised as a target sport, the same as Archery or Shooting. I agree with the idea that there may not be much physical exertion involved (even though there is some; you try throwing several hundred darts in a row and tell me when your arm gets tired ;) ) but there is certainly a lot of skill and endurance involved. You or I wouldn't stand a chance against these guys.

Like it or not, it is categorised as a target sport, the same as Archery or Shooting. I agree with the idea that there may not be much physical exertion involved (even though there is some; you try throwing several hundred darts in a row and tell me when your arm gets tired ;) ) but there is certainly a lot of skill and endurance involved. You or I wouldn't stand a chance against these guys.

I was going to say basically the exact same thing, and honestly you could group golf and even baseball into it. Those two sports, at the heart, are basically a game of aim and accuracy. In both of those sports your goal is to put a ball in a specific spot from a standing prone position.

So that's Taylor's 16th world championship now. He's got the same amount as Ric Flair! :laugh:

my mate tweeted me the same thing, infact he said "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I like Taylor, but have not seen much of the darts as i dont have Sky. Ive even met Taylor in his shop which has now closed he took his time to speak to me and the other lads that were in there at the time and signed some stuff for us personally can not say anything bad about the bloke. Was he in the wrong with Barny? Sure he shouldnt of lost his temper but if someone squeezed my hand and pulled me back id tell them to get off me.

Anyway, as we all know he's made his money now, won more championships than anyone else and can happily retire if he wanted to which i think he will end up doing i think. Wish him all the best certainly entertained us all while he played!

Only saw the clip above and at first couldn't see what he did. But then thought, hang on that's his throwing arm if I'm not mistaken!

(Can't beat him, I'll break his arm!) :shiftyninja: :rofl: