virus alert

How to get rid of this virus ?

virusalert_zps562dc207.png

I clicked Remove ......still this virus did not remove. How to get rid of this virus.

I also checked with Maleware Bytes scan....got 3 objects detected .....but FREE version does not have removal facility .

Is there any solution ?

I've never heard of Malwarebytes NOT removing something in the FREE version. I haven't used in several months, though, so I can't say for sure.

Here are some free bootable AV CDs:

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/

You also might try http://en.kioskea.net/faq/13346-windows-delete-the-files-in-c-recycle-bin

I also checked with Maleware Bytes scan....got 3 objects detected .....but FREE version does not have removal facility .

False, your virus looks like it is in a protected system folder which the AV software does not have permissions to. Not really sure why you assume that the free version doesn't remove infections, because it does. You need to look into taking ownership of the Recycle Bin folder

Install Avast Free AV and schedule a boot time scan

System files won't be locked during a boot time scan

EDIT - Why can't I see the image in FF but I can in IE ?

where is the remove feature here ? This is the scan result of Maleware Bytes.

How do I remove detected objects ?

bytes_zps3d57270c.png

>>>>Yeah Id say that, Empty Recycle Bin.

Recycle Bin is already empty !....restarted machine ...no improvmenet.

where is the remove feature here ? This is the scan result of Maleware Bytes.

How do I remove detected objects ?

bytes_zps3d57270c.png

>>>>Yeah Id say that, Empty Recycle Bin.

Recycle Bin is already empty !....restarted machine ...no improvmenet.

Probably in Show Results.

I still wish Malwarebytes would take the superantispyware approch and show us what it finds as it finds it. Nothing is more annoying than when you do a scan on someones machine and it finds 1 infection in memory but you don't get to know what that infection is until 1 hour after the scan is complete. Only to find out it's mywebsearch.

I still wish Malwarebytes would take the superantispyware approch and show us what it finds as it finds it. Nothing is more annoying than when you do a scan on someones machine and it finds 1 infection in memory but you don't get to know what that infection is until 1 hour after the scan is complete. Only the find out it's mywebsearch.

Yep, I hate that too, makes me want to hit stop to see what it was, but then I cba to wait for another scan in-case it finds something at the end

Ok from what I read it is a new Trojan (Some people just have too much time on their hands) discovered in mid December, which is why malwarebyes can't remove it because it does not know how

Sirefef, or ZeroAccess, is a Trojan that infects machines by exploiting a browser, through a third-party plugin, via an email attachment/link or it?s downloaded by other malicious software (malware). Once on the machine, it creates an environment where new threats can be installed without detection by most security software and then downloads these threats. Because it prevents antivirus software attempting to remove it, Sirefef is very difficult to remove, often requiring a complete system reinstall.

http://land.viprebusiness.com/sirefef/?adv=2005&loc=1067&gclid=CPnhwZqYxbQCFQSg4Aod4iIAWQ

this may help

http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-remove-trsirefef-bp-1-malware-manual-removal-of-trsirefef-bp-1-virus/

but if the system is compromised already i would reload from a clean backup but that's just my humble opinion because I have found many a time a lot of these 'removal tips or tools' are more trouble than they are worth...good luck

Iv`e just cleaned a lappie with this on using boot cd`s. Look like you were actually pretty lucky as it normally locks you out of the computer (ransomware). You have been caught blah blah blah, send some money via wire transfer and you can your computer back sort of thing :pinch:

Start sandboxing your browser...