Can I overclock my CPU with the motherboard I have?

Doesn't the i5-750 have a locked multiplier? I'm pretty sure only the "K" versions are unlocked.

No idea.

So I'm out of luck? :(

I overclocked my i5 760 to 4.0Ghz. In 1156, they didn't have K versions. The K versions started in 1155.

Most of the overclocking in ASUS motherboards is done in the "Ai Tweaker" Section of the BIOS. The first-gen core processors have locked multipliers, but unlocked base clock speeds. That is how you'll need to overclock this chip, by adjusting the base clock. You might get an extra 1x increase out of the multi due to turbo mode, but that will be it.

Most of the overclocking in ASUS motherboards is done in the "Ai Tweaker" Section of the BIOS. The first-gen core processors have locked multipliers, but unlocked base clock speeds. That is how you'll need to overclock this chip, by adjusting the base clock. You might get an extra 1x increase out of the multi due to turbo mode, but that will be it.

There is no "Ai Tweaker" page/setting in my BIOS.

Ah well, I'll give up :)

I don't have any experience OCing Intel chips, but even if the multiplier is locked, you should be able to OC by raising the FSB instead

Not sure what "Ratio CMOS Setting" is in your first image, but try setting it to Manual and see if any OCing settings appear

But as already said, there is normally an AI Tweaker section of the BIOS that allows for OCing

I can't find any overclocking features in the manual.

A Google search also shows some forum posts with people saying the BIOS for this particular motherboard has no real overclocking options.

Sorry but this bios has no useful hidden options , there were only one or 2 and they dont relate to what you mention and have no proper use and would not be worth the risk of flashing a modded bios to get them!

http://www.bios-mods...ocking-features

The board is a 'System Integrator' version... generally intended for small system vendors. Novatech and Mesh might be the sorts of folks who would use the board.

In order to reduce problems for the integrator, the BIOS on these boards is locked up... that prevents purchasers of these system from fooling around and damaging the system or creating operation problems which ends up costing the integrator a lot of time and money setting things straight.

https://vip.asus.com...SLanguage=en-us

the CPU isnt the problem; however, the motherboard is. I believe the "SI" label means it's kinda "as-is" and barebones.

That's correct. I know this now.