Intel SSD Toolbox wants Superfetch enabled

I just got my first ssd recently and I thought I read online that Superfetch should be turned off.

I downloaded the Intel SSD Drive Toolbox to update my ssd and Optimize it and under System Tuner it recommends that Superfetch be enabled.

Should I have it on or off?

Thanks!

EDIT: Using Win8 btw

Windows should automatically disable superfetch if it detects an SSD.

Be default, Windows 7 will disable Superfetch, ReadyBoost, as well as boot and application launch prefetching on SSDs with good random read, random write and flush performance. These technologies were all designed to improve performance on traditional HDDs, where random read performance could easily be a major bottleneck. See the FAQ section for more details.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/05/05/support-and-q-a-for-solid-state-drives-and.aspx

So I say you should keep it disabled.

Go to Administrative Tools | Defragment and Optimize Drives. See if your SSD is labeled a Solid State Drive. If it's labeled a Hard Disk Device then this might be your problem. I had my SSD drive show up as a HDD at one point.

I am on Win8 though, has anything changed since then?

Nope. Superfetch is unnecessary on SSDs because they load programs/files instantly regardless of where they're stored on the drive.

Go to Administrative Tools | Defragment and Optimize Drives. See if your SSD is labeled a Solid State Drive. If it's labeled a Hard Disk Device then this might be your problem. I had my SSD drive show up as a HDD at one point.

It is labeled as an SSD, and my boot drive

I just set one up yesterday with Windows 7, mine said to disable it so I did. I remember that the UEFI Setup had an option to change the port between HDD and SSD, I don't know if this makes a difference. If not this, maybe post a screenshot?

I also just got an SSD and did some research, because of the way Superfetch works with an SSD in windows 8(different from Windows 7 apparently), it does not cause wear and is recommended to be left on.