"Bricked" the Windows 8 Start Screen with Decor8, any way to "f

Hi guys. You see, I used more than a month ago, Stardoc's Decor8 to customize the start screen's background. I return it to the original and uninstalled it.

Afterwards, I reinstalled it to see if my expiration time wasn't over (I wasn't aware the time I installed it). Boom, it was over!

Seems that Decor8 rewrote the base feature of the Start Sceen and I can't get to change the solid background color from the Start Screen, is there a way to reset it and turn it back to normal?

:s.I don't want to lose any installed progs.

I would like to find a reg hack way...

Refresh should work without removing any files/apps. I may be wrong here, though. It should work to restore crucial system files.

Refresh should work without removing any files/apps. I may be wrong here, though. It should work to restore crucial system files.

Thanks for the help, but found the workaround:

Since I'm going to start using Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer, I saw the follwoing post:

To travel to this directory:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

and set this key

"Userinit"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

Then I restarted, and boom, back to normal.

Do not know, if the restart would have been enough :p (never did it before I guess XD)

Glad you fixed it, hopefully the lesson of "Don't touch Stardock products" should be well sunken in now. I nearly bricked my start screen as well by doing the 30 day free trial, removed it and fixed it immediately.