CPU air flow question

Hey all,

I just purchased the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ( http://www.coolermas...product_id=6741 ) I installed it and had to remove one of the case fans because this heatsink is so large.

I attached the case fan to the other side of the heatsink to have 2 fans on the heatsink. (It's designed for 2 fans)

Currently, I have the heatsink with one fan (the one that came with the heatsink) sucking air from the heatsink out into the case, which blows right into a case fan which blows out of the case.

The 2nd fan on the heatsink is sucking air from the case into the heatsink.

http://i.imgur.com/8fonu.jpg

Is this the best setup? If not, what would be?

EDIT: ALSO! When running Firefox and watching a video my temp is 38-40C with the thermal paste that came with the fan. I have Arctic Silver 5 but I cant get to it right now. Is this too high?

EDIT 2: Core i7 3770. Not overclocking. ASRock Extreme 4

Yes, that would be the prefered way. Push/Pull

38-40c is probably ok, but hard to tell since you didn't state what CPU you have and if you're Overclocking or not. :p

Haha sorry, added :)

Core i7 3770. Not overclocking. ASRock Extreme 4

it's a good setup, but i'm no thermal aerodynamics engineer. those temps sound perfect for a K series i7. on my mATX case I have on front intake, one side intake, one side exhaust, and a rear exhaust. my i5-3470 idles at about 32 centigrade.

General airflow rules in most cases are as follows. Intake fans (Fans that blow into the case, or "suck in") should be on the front, bottom, and sometimes sides of the case. Exhaust fans (Fans that blow out of the case, or "suck away from things") should be on the top and rear of the case. When it comes to the processor, you typically want the fan blowing air across the fins of the heatsink. In the case of two fans as you have set up, one should blow air onto the heatsink, while the other blows the hot air away from the CPU, usually toward the back of the case. This gives sort of a Z path to your airflow if you look inside the case with one side removed.

This could vary depending on the case layout, but, keep in mind, hot air rises, so typically you want to exhaust hot air out from the top and rear of the case, and intake cooler air from the front and lower part of the case.