iPhone 5 components order cut: Apple under pressure?

So, why are cheap phones a bad thing. For someone who only does web/facebook...a $80 android would do just fine. Hell, i know several people with budget droids who do email/web/facebook and they love it. It suits them. Want to do more? Then Android users have other options. So you can pay a little for the tasks/features you only use instead of paying 400+ for a bunch of features you will never use. So you may call those super crappy specs...but it depends on what you use the device for.

Cheap andorid tablets are a diff story. My mom got one on a Verizon deal. Buy a phone, get a free tablet. I told her not to get the tablet, but she didnt listen.

ive got 2x 120$ cheap asian android tablets that i still find better than the ipad because they dont seem as boring and generic and they are built great have relaly good screens on them , a decent amount o ram and i can customise them to how i liek also, with the ipad i get just sqaures on a screen that look like my 2yr olds toys

I'm not sure this is as much about Apple as Android. Android is eating Apple for lunch. Apple may sell 25 to 30 million phones a quarter but Android will sell twice that. The thing is, without Jobs Apple doesn't seem to have an answer.

Yet Apple takes like 75% of the total profit being made off of smartphones. When do people like yourself finally realize that Apple isn't in it to have the largest market share? If they truly wanted that they would make OS X and iOS available to all manufacturers. Their model will give them the number one spot for a limited time only.

^ Oh, I never mentioned profit. Everyone knows they make the highest profits per device on the market. I was talking devices sold. Of course, Apple may sell less devices if their competitors sell more. The market can only bare so more.