Error when trying to load Borderlands 2

I have been having issues when trying to play Borderlands 2, most of the time when I try to load the game, the launcher loads, but the game never starts. I read somewhere that a possible workaround was to load it via steam, and play it that way. That worked for a few times, but now when ever I try to load I get this message:

What can I do about this?

post-243659-0-92309300-1359301852.png

Erm, how are you running it without Steam?

Steam is running, just not active (minimized to tray).

try using to steam to verify the game cache link.

Everything checks out OK :/ I might reinstall the game, see what happens...

Forced it to update again, now I no longer get the error message, but the game still crashes after the splash screen.

Steam is running, just not active (minimized to tray).

Everything checks out OK :/ I might reinstall the game, see what happens...

Oh right, I was just asking because if you were asking for help for a version running without Steam that would mean I would have to lock the thread ;)

All I can do to help is the cache thing or just downloading it again through Steam. Your save will be kept intact so there's nothing to worry about.

I dont know much about this but why is it looking for kernel32.dll in SysWOW64 ?

Isn't that wrong?

edit: nevermind, its there on my pc

Well I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it sans the updates,and so far (knock on wood!) it is working. I am wondering if may have something to do with my OS drive being shot to hell, but I do not allow games or steam to install to the OS drive, so I am wondering if it may download to the OS drive then install to the drive? Regardless, it is working for now, and I am going to enjoy it!

I dont know much about this but why is it looking for kernel32.dll in SysWOW64 ?

Isn't that wrong?

edit: nevermind, its there on my pc

It's a "thunking" layer that redirects the calls to the 64-bit library.