Web Based Multi-Protocol Message Program

Hey,

So I have a question that might end up not being possible, but worth a shot.

I use GTalk & Facebook Messenger to talk to mostly everyone. I have an extension for chrome "Chat For Google" that allows me to have the chat window open no matter where I am. For the facebook I only have an extension that gives a pop up that tells me someone messaged me.

What I would like is an extension that combines Facebook & GTalk, and anything else people might use into one client, and be able to see the chat windows no matter where I am, like the Google extension.

Is this possible? I know there is the web based application imo.im but it does not have an extension that allows me to do that.

The second part which is a bit more complicated I think and might not be possible is to remove all other message systems when using this client.

What I mean is, you can find clients for Facebook, Pidgin and all those, but when I get a message from someone, it pops up in the client, as well as in Facebook. Is there no way to disable that, only allow it to work with one thing?

I hope that all makes sense?...

I don't understand why people don't read the thread before posting.

Why do you ask for help, then be a jerk when people try?

Might look at Meebo. Apparently, they just got acquired by Google, so maybe they'll have something coming out.

How am I being a jerk, I clearly state I know about IMO.IM and that it isn't what I am looking for and go on and explain what I want.

I am asking for help, not asking for information I already know. That's the point.

I don't understand why people don't read the thread before posting.

i did read it but apparently i missed that line my first read through :pinch:

and I don't think there is a solution to your 2nd problem due to how facebook has their messenger set up (i've tried to do similar things in the past as well and eventually gave up)

i did read it but apparently i missed that line my first read through :pinch:

and I don't think there is a solution to your 2nd problem due to how facebook has their messenger set up (i've tried to do similar things in the past as well and eventually gave up)

Thank you, and I was not trying to be a jerk by the way.

I had a feeling it was facebook causing the problem. Because I think with the Google Extension, only one conversation pops up.

Thank you, and I was not trying to be a jerk by the way.

I had a feeling it was facebook causing the problem. Because I think with the Google Extension, only one conversation pops up.

yeah because even when using a full client linked with facebook like trillian or the others you still get the message in the facebook tab if you have it open

Facebook provides access to their chat service through XMPP. I use Digsby to access Facebook this way, and Facebook displays "Alerts are off while you use another client to chat" on the site to me.

Google Talk is also XMPP, so if you can find a client that allows multiple XMPP connections, it should work.