The Woz: We've Fallen Behind in Smartphones

Apple has lost the edge.

The old man died and nothing has been the same.

They seem to have lost track of what they are doing.

They don't know right from left.

They are out of new ideas and innovations and it shows.

The Woz should return to Apple as a consultant to help them out before they really sink the ship.

Your post really needs some

. :&: ;)

Then he is lucky.

Some of us can be lucky. It's my experience too, I have used Android, I've customized it. I have used custom roms and launchers and dialers and a plethora mail clients and sms handlers. In the end I prefer iOS. However I will never deny Android is awesome.

Your post really needs some

. :&: ;)

Dude it's the truth. Wether you want to accept it or not, it's the truth. Nothing has been the same since Jobs died...Nothing. Apple is stuck. They don't know which way to go and what to do. They are completely out of new ideas. What new things have they brought to the table in the past year besides that silly iPad Mini? - Nothing.

2 iPad upgrades with basically the same hardware except for minor changes, an iOS version with useless maps and barely anything interesting for those of us who had been using it for ages, a new iPhone with a screen that is .5 inches bigger than the iPhone 4S - WOW - That's innovation...Seriously?

Come on. Yes, people are fascinated with Apple and their toys, but they are falling behind. They need to get up to speed and bring new things, change iOS, give the user more options and better functionality. Android, like it or not, is eating their cookies slowly and it's only a matter of time before the jar gets empty.

Some of us can be lucky. It's my experience too, I have used Android, I've customized it. I have used custom roms and launchers and dialers and a plethora mail clients and sms handlers. In the end I prefer iOS. However I will never deny Android is awesome.

Most of those users who find Android to be harder to use even after customizing it your own ways have probably jumped right into Play Store in a hurry and just downloaded the first widget they find in the list without checking it's features and design out before they download it. And then find the experience to not be where they want it to be because they didn't use 15 mins to actually go through the features, designs and pictures of the widgets in Play Store. Also to find the widget that actually are spot on for them.

If peoples can use some few hours to go through Android / Play Store really good, then i can guarantee you that they will find a better experience in the end with an Android device.

The openness of the Android OS is keeping me intrested in the OS, simply because there is always coming new and intresting features / programs to the OS.

If peoples can use some few hours to go through Android / Play Store really good, then i can guarantee you that they will find a better experience in the end with an Android device.

I spent those hours, I never found that experience, but that's just me.

I spent those hours, I never found that experience, but that's just me.

That's because you're special. And luckily, not many are special like you.

Dude, drop the condescending tone. I'm not special, we are all different, with different needs and prerogatives.

And why luckly? It's your dream that everyone are like you?

Dude, drop the condescending tone. I'm not special, we are all different, with different needs and prerogatives.

The reason i say you are special, is because you don't find many peoples out there that actually prefers Apples choices over their own choices. Ofc, they can say Apple's choices are good in iOS, but most wont deny the fact that their own choices would make it to a better user experience even if the iOS user experience is good "enough" for them.

use some few hours to go through Android / Play Store really good, then i can guarantee you that they will find a better experience in the end with an Android device.

used it for 10 days to be exact, and in that 10 days I had a week off. Tried to get to like, played endlessly with it, and no matter what, it always felt odd. Even tried to set up to be like IOS clone, still not the same.

Did i mention the Jehovah's stopped by?

Well, I dont know about you. But I dont have the time nor the mood to experiment with every possible combination of toolsets in Android to find what suits me better. I prefer to do other things.

Not saying Android is a waste of time (I have owned two Android phones, one I loved it, the HTC One X) but please, dont pretend everyone has the time or the itch to try every possible app.

So, in a nutshell a Smartphone NEEDS:

A way to make phone calls: Both Android and iOS have that.

A way to send a receive ams: Both Android and iOS have that.

A way to send and receive emails: Both Android and iOS have that.

Alternative communication apps like whatsapp, facebook messenger or skype: Both Android and iOS have that.

A capable web browser: Both Android and iOS have that.

Note taking and voice taking: Both Android and iOS have that.

A weather app: Both Android and iOS have that.

A virtual voice assistant (This is a stretch, a smartphone does not really need it): Both Android and iOS have that.

So no, I don't see how iOS simplicity makes my work any harder either. It's what I use for work now.

Most of this are very basic tasks that don't require the needs of a smartphone the likes of the iPhone or Android

used it for 10 days to be exact, and in that 10 days I had a week off. Tried to get to like, played endlessly with it, and no matter what, it always felt odd. Even tried to set up to be like IOS clone, still not the same.

And what Android version did you try?

Android 4.2.1 is very good if you wonder.

Apple hasnt wowed anyone in years. Their vision and guidance was lost with Jobs.

I said that 4 posts ago and I got flamed...LOL....LOL....Nice to know someone agrees.

The only thing Apple have made their current users to wow over is some new features that we have had for years in Android. So what they think is a new feature in iOS is actually an old feature.

So why wow over something that already exist?

I bet all iPhone users went nuts / wow over 0.5 ich bigger screen and one more row with icons lol.

EDIT: I bet 5 cent that every iPhone users was saying 3.5 inch screen was best when the iPhone 4 / 4S was out, but then suddenly changed that statement when Apple released iPhone 5 with 4 inch screen.

What i have observed is that if we tell some iOS users that a specific feature that Android have but iOS doesn't have is really nice to have, then they will deny it in every possible way. But when Apple actually gets their finger out of their a**and put that kind of feature into iOS 2 years later, then it's suddenly magical and revolutionary in an instant by it's users.

But the question is, why didn't they see this as magical and revolutionary (or usefull to be more exactly) before Apple started to use it?

• Like 2

The only thing Apple have made their current users to wow over is some new features that we have had for years in Android. So what they think is a new feature in iOS is actually an old feature.

So why wow over something that already exist?

I bet all iPhone users went nuts / wow over 0.5 ich bigger screen and one more row with icons lol

I said that too, 5 threads ago, and I got flamed and was called "A Child"......LOL....LOL

Seems like they lost it well before he even passed. Apple really only had two products that made them overly successful, The ipod and Iphone, thats it. Before Jobs died they were doing the same thing over and over, such as the Ipad, and the other iphones, Same things, just different sizes, with minor changes.

Got to remember, Jobs was sick for a while tho he was still involved in the business. Although, i doubt he was fully in it as when he was feeling well. Seems when he got sick their products started to have more and more problems.

I bet all iPhone users went nuts / wow over 0.5 ich bigger screen and one more row with icons lol

Personally, I think the 4s was a better design. The 5 just looks like they stretched the phone. I know several people with the 4s...and they all do not want to upgrade to the 5.

Personally, I think the 4s was a better design. The 5 just looks like they stretched the phone. I know several people with the 4s...and they all do not want to upgrade to the 5.

I just had to link that :D

Apple hasnt wowed anyone in years. Their vision and guidance was lost with Jobs.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess. I mean, when Jobs was at the helm, the didn't release a new breakthrough product line every year, so I don't know why people expect them to now after Jobs passed. Look at the three big sellers that they've had. iPod (2001), iPhone (2007), and iPad (2010). Hopefully they come up with a game changer soon, or yeah, you're right. It was all lost with Jobs.

Seems like they lost it well before he even passed. Apple really only had two products that made them overly successful, The ipod and Iphone, thats it. Before Jobs died they were doing the same thing over and over, such as the Ipad, and the other iphones, Same things, just different sizes, with minor changes.

People give Apple way too much credit.

At the same time though, i Love my iPhone, and prefer it over android, and the latest itunes is pretty sexy (but still pretty much the same).

Just seems that there is only so much you can do based on the same idea, which apple seems to be finding out.

Sure the iPad looks like a bigger iPhone on the surface, but all of those Kindle Fires, Surfaces, and Android tablets that flood electronic stores weren't made in response to a bigger iPhone, or those tablet PCs running Windows XP that came out in 2002. :p

I said that too, 5 threads ago, and I got flamed and was called "A Child"......LOL....LOL

You were called a child because you tried to pass your opinion off as the truth, and when that was brought to your attention you called that person an Apple Fanboy.

I'll reiterate what was already stated by someone else. The only thing true about what you said it that it's your opinion. The same goes to the person that you relied to.

The reason i say you are special, is because you don't find many peoples out there that actually prefers Apples choices over their own choices. Ofc, they can say Apple's choices are good in iOS, but most wont deny the fact that their own choices would make it to a better user experience even if the iOS user experience is good "enough" for them.

My life choices lies in the outside world. For me a phone is just a tool. I need it to be practical.

Thing is you can't have any advanced networking tools on ios... you can't have packet sniffers, wifi tools, network mapping, stuff like fing, etc... apple does not allow these. This is one thing that holds apple back from IT pros using thier devices.

apple doesn't take professionals seriously. They do the same on thier other devices.

For a really innovative smartphone media player app check out poweramp. That is a sexy media player.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess. I mean, when Jobs was at the helm, the didn't release a new breakthrough product line every year, so I don't know why people expect them to now after Jobs passed. Look at the three big sellers that they've had. iPod (2001), iPhone (2007), and iPad (2010). Hopefully they come up with a game changer soon, or yeah, you're right. It was all lost with Jobs.

Sure the iPad looks like a bigger iPhone on the surface, but all of those Kindle Fires, Surfaces, and Android tablets that flood electronic stores weren't made in response to a bigger iPhone, or those tablet PCs running Windows XP that came out in 2002. :p

You were called a child because you tried to pass your opinion off as the truth, and when that was brought to your attention you called that person an Apple Fanboy.

I'll reiterate what was already stated by someone else. The only thing true about what you said it that it's your opinion. The same goes to the person that you relied to.

Oh boy, another one with no sense of humor. Should I bend over now so you can spank me?

Thing is you can't have any advanced networking tools on ios... you can't have packet sniffers, wifi tools, network mapping, stuff like fing, etc... apple does not allow these. This is one thing that holds apple back from IT pros using thier devices.

apple doesn't take professionals seriously. They do the same on thier other devices.

IT pros are the only professionals on earth?

These arguments are getting ridiculous. I'm outta here.

My life choices lies in the outside world. For me a phone is just a tool. I need it to be practical.

And before a tool can be usefull or practical, then my screwdriver tool have to fit all screwholes. iOS doesn't fit all screwholes.